Tuesday, June 22

Wk 24...Next Six Months - Rebuilding from the Glutes, Up

Weigh-in this week... 62.3kg. Last week I was at my highest since completing my IBO programs at 62.4kgs! It was a great wake up call. It's amazing how it seems to creep up on you (time and weight), and how easy it is to become complacent. It's a good reminder to always be vigilant.

So lesson learnt.

I think my struggles of the last six months are officially over, and I am looking forward to getting back to the fitness level I enjoyed only 6 months ago now. I didn't realise how much fitness and strength I'd lost in that period until I returned to the gym and tried out my IBO programs. There are some exercises I'm not strong enough at the moment to even contemplate, especially involving my core muscles. But that's to be expected and will be part of my focus over the next 6 months. And as far as frequency and intensity, it will take me about 3 months I reckon to build up to anything near what I was doing 12 months ago.

But I'm up for the challenge and glad to be back at the gym. I finally pulled my finger out and made the decision again. No dilly-dallying and making excuses....an extra is an extra...10g over is an extra....1 rice cake over is an extra! The only thing that works for me and helps me form a strong resolve is to sit down and plan everything in detail. From my training programs - days, splits, frequency, etc to my nutrition plans. Everything needs to be recorded and exacted as I've put on paper. Food measured, weighed and recorded. Training type, duration, intensity, etc all recorded. Weight and measurements taken and recorded to be compared to. I just don't get the results and am not as focused unless I do this. That's just me. It gets me super-focused. So now it's time to get serious!

My training program isn't set in stone yet, as to what exercises I'm doing. I'm just doing a basic 3 day split at present with weights plus cardio, as per my previous Ideal Bodies Online programs, with some alterations as my upper traps are giving me hell at the moment, so no lifting or movements above the head this week, until they settle. The main thing was to just get back into a regular and consistent program. Frequency is important at the moment. I was training 5-6 days consistently last year. I'm aiming for about 5 days training. However, the intensity and length of sessions and weight, of course, won't be the same. It will take a little while to build up to the same intensity. Though I'm hoping that it won't take me as long as when I started my program to regain lost ground.


The above picture is of Meriza DeGuzman. I rediscovered her, thanks to Ann-Maree, one of my FB friends. I didn't realise that the photo below, which I've used in previous posts, was the same Meriza. She looks so different with short hair.


I'm including her photos because overall, like Pauline Nordin, I love Meriza's physique, especially her quads. I draw upon photos of fit chicks as part of my inspiration.

Anyway, I've got to go. Life has been hectic as I've been working an extra day for the army, and it's amazing how one day can make a huge difference to your life, trying to fit everything in. So my blogs have been shorter (yeah...I heard your sigh of relief). Don't worry, only another couple of weeks and I'll have my Wednesdays back again!

Thursday I meet with Liz to revise glute activation and start work on rebuilding my form and technique from the ground up (or the glutes up!), and going over my squat and deadlift.
So I'm really looking forward to that session, so I can begin some serious weight work. I've never done any real lifting before, and my first real taste was through
Crossfit, and I have to tell you...I really love it! So I'm looking forward to doing more of it and expanding on the little I know to get me stronger.

Oh...my measurements real quick! Haven't done a comparison yet, but it's a bit ouchy where my waist, hip and thigh measurements are concerned.
  • Shoulder-2-shoulder - 99cm
  • Chest - 88 cm
  • Biceps - 28cm
  • Waist - 77cm
  • Hips - 93 cms...ouch!
  • Thighs - 57cm
  • Above Knee - 43cm
  • Calves - 33cm

Current weight: 62.3kg's. Goal weight by end August: 57kg

Have a great week all! Train hard! ;)

1 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Kerry, like you I also fall victim to the "C" word - complacency and my the kilos can and do creep back on quickly GRRRR. I like that you're sounding so positive and focussed now. I know its what you need to achieve your goals (unlike me who freaks at that level of control and structure now LOL)but each to our own as long as we get the job done.

Cheers

magda

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo