Sunday, October 30

Nothing Profound to Say...




"Excellence is Not a Skill - it's an Attitude"
- source unknown


It's the end of October already.  My last post was at the start of October, and still I don't have alot to share with you.  It's not that there hasn't been anything happening much in my life.  Quite the contrary.  There is alot happening as per usual.  However I seemed to have lost interest in sharing my life via blogland.  I'm thinking it might be a phase I'm going through. 

I've discovered that I get alot more done in my life when I'm not blogging or continually on facebook.  I haven't been reading any blogs (my apologies if that offends you), and it's not that I'm not interested in anyone's life, it's just that I have so much going on.  And since moving into our new home, life is more labour intensive...bigger home, bigger yard, husband away alot - therefore more things to do with the same amount of time.

But you know, I'm quite enjoying it.  I'm achieving so much more.  I'm a person of action, and this allows me to 'act' rather than live precariously through other people's lives.  Not that, that is what I do.  But sometimes you can get so caught up in reading about other people's lives that you fail to live your own life.

I haven't much to say about my current fitness goals really.  Suffice to say that I'm back on track and 100% on plan for nutrition (apart from the weekend) and finally starting to see the scales move down.  Though it's been a struggle internally to make that decision.  I have about 3kgs to go still before I'm back to lean, but I'm happy right now in my life and more accepting of ups and downs.

I'm here for another week, and I'll be off for 3 weeks for the AR and I'll be back end of November.  I'm looking forward to it, though I hear that where I'm heading, there is no formal gym or PT sessions.  Just a running track.  So I will have to get creative and apart from running will have to put together some bodyweight exercises to keep me challenged.  And I should have enough free time to be able to train daily (fingers crossed).  So my goal is to come back 3kg's lighter. :)  Here's hoping.

Anyway...I thought I'd include a photo of Pauline Nordin just for the heck of it, and I like the quote.  I think it says alot.

I believe that excellence isn't something we need to necessarily shoot off at the mouth about.  It doesn't have to be glamourous or exciting.  It's something we should be living on a daily basis.

So that's a wrap up, and I'll hopefully post upon my return.  Though it's getting close to Christmas then...e-gads!  A lovely time of the year.   So many things to do upon my return, and you know the most exciting part of my life right now?  I can't wait to build my compost bays, raised vege garden and I'm hoping we may have a couple of (bantam) chickens at Christmas (for Philomena). Oh...and start the my native cottage garden design (waiting on my book to arrive).   Of course, when I get back.  Oh..and I also look forward to setting some new training goals.   So much to do...so little time! 

7 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Kerry, sorry to be so mundane but your post starts with black print on a dark brown background and its very difficult to read.

M

Magda said...

Wierd. It just turned into a white background. ???

Kerry W said...

Glad it worked out in the end Magda. :)

DreamingofArnold said...

Good to hear from you.

Kerry W said...

Thanks Crystal. :)

Andrew Swansson said...

Good luck with the next 3 weeks Kerry and cant wait to catch up when you get back.

Kek said...

It's a good thing to be living your life, Kerry, rather than just writing about what might be, or reading about everyone else's lives.. :)

That said, I love blogging, and don't see myself ever quitting. But there are times when I simply don't have the time to read everyone else's blogs - at least not without sacrificing time I'd prefer to spend doing other things.

I've been absent from other people's blogs myself because I've been away on holidays, and flat out since we got back. Blogging is really just one more thing in life that requires balance. Priorities vary from month to month and day to day, depending on what else is happening.

A new home always takes up a lot of your time too... in a good way. There's a lot of satisfaction in working hard to add the touches that make it yours.

I hope you find time when you get back to post some photos of your garden (yes, even the compost bins!) and the chickens. I love a good gardening post!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo