Wednesday, December 28

2012...You Make Me Feel So....


“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― J.K.Rowling



Only 4 more days until 2012.

I can't believe how the year has gone so quickly.  Reviewing my goals from 2011, I find I achieved a few and some I didn't.  My goal of maintaining 57kgs (or within 1kg of) didn't go to plan, but I maintained that happy weight for 6 months of the year, so I was pretty happy with that.  I intend to hit that weight in January 2012 and again, try to maintain that weight all year round.

For me, 2012 will be a year of consolidation.  I won't be taking on anything new, fitness-wise.  I will be focusing on strength in the first half of the year and then power. 

It should filter through to my army fitness tests.  I did manage to reach my goal of 40 push-ups for my BFA.  I didn't make any real gains as far as my running for my BFA though, so I hope to next year .  If I get the consistency, I should see a marked improvement in my running time.

My plans for 2012 are not sexy but the results should be, provided I stick to training consistently and staying on top of my nutrition.

So it's going to be a rather boring year in 2012.  Nothing new really.  Just hard, consistent training and nutrition throughout the year and building a strong foundation and platform to see me through 2013. I've got a couple of big things happening in my life in 2013 in the way of big changes, so I want to make next year really count. 

Next year's training as well as one particular change in 2013, will lead me into what I've been working toward since my 40th birthday.  It's a 5 year plan and I'm already thinking about what I want and what will take place on my 45th birthday in 2014.

I'll be keeping it under wraps though, so I'm afraid you'll have to stay guessing for awhile.

Anyway...I've noticed a change in my posts for 2011.  Apart from the fact that I've hardly done much in the way of posts, I also haven't had anything really inspiring to say.  I think time for talking was well and truly over, and I've just been focusing on the doing.  I've also been pre-occupied on the domestic front and happy and contented getting quite involved in family and our new home, and making our home life just so peachy!  I love being at home, getting more involved with Philomena's activities; cooking; cleaning; gardening; family and friends; and generally pottering around the yard.  Miss Phil and I call it our 'Secret Place'.  That's for another post coming soon.

Well time to say adieu!  How did you go with your goals for 2011?  Do you have new ones planned for 2012, and do they Make You Feel So?  I hope they do, otherwise how will you see them come to fruition if your heart and soul doesn't feel them with utter conviction?

Oh...don't you just love my post pic?  Now that to me depicts sheer athleticism.  If I looked that good in a crop top and shorts then I'd die one happy girl.  Of course, I'm happy now. However, that would be the icing on the cake of my blessed life.

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

Way to keep us on the edge of our seat girl! hehehe
you've had a great year with your big move though! and chickens...yeehaw! Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned -all secret and hush-hush; and 40 pushups-awesome!
My plan is to hit the All Females stage-woohoo! xoxo

Kerry W said...

Well I've got have a few surprises up my sleeve Raechelle...lol...
Yep...love those chickens! They are just so quirky with their own little personalities and I just love watching them scratch, peck and cluck. I could watch them all day.
Your plan is a great plan Raechelle and I look forward to reading about your lead-up and the big event! It will be interesting to compare your pics with your previous comp and see what changes you've made. :)

Liz@LastChanceTraining said...

Sounds like a good solid satisfying year coming up!

Dawn said...

Looks like you have a great plan for the year and even though you are keeping 2013 a secret I'm sure it will be a great year for you.

Kerry W said...

Yes Liz...good way to put it..."good, satisfying, solid year" - I like that! :)

Well if I put in the hard yards this year Dawn, and stick to being disciplined, then 2013 will be a great year! Thanks for dropping by. I hope your 2012 augurs well for you too. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo