Friday, December 3

Flicking the Switch


"Faith is the bird
that feels the light
when the dawn is still dark."

- Rabindranath Tagore

Wow! Three posts in one week. I must be on a roll. Actually, I think something significant has taken place in my head recently. I've flicked the switch (again).

I remember this happening back in 2008. I'd started and stopped trying to lose weight so many times. I'd talked about doing stuff, but nothing would eventuate. Even my husband doubted whether I would do anything I said I would. I doubted myself. I wondered whether I would be my old self again and find that steely determination I once knew and that feeling of self discipline and control.

And then it happened...I flicked the switch. I don't know to this day why or why then. I don't know the moment it happened. It was obviously a culmination of things and events, mainly low points in my recent life of then, that led me to that point. But I don't know at what exact moment it happened.

This year I once again experienced going through that rollercoaster of promises made to self. 'Yes...my mojo is back...WAIT! Oh...sorry...false alarm. Yep...I've got that burn again. SHIT!..sorry...wishful thinking. Argggghhhh (beating myself up)...why can't I JUST DO IT!'

I don't know why now exactly, but I've flicked the switch! Maybe I just want it bad enough again.

6 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Weird, that's exactly how I've been this year and I've just recently 'flicked the switch' too. Hope it all goes well for you this time!

Kerry W said...

How weird (and awesome) is that Charlotte? And ditto...hope all goes well for you too. :)

Anonymous said...

Loving all of this positive energy that seems to be filtering through the blogosphere :)

Kerry W said...

Yeah Liz...there's been a bit of a drought recently hasn't there? I'm loving it too! :)

Kerry W said...

The positive energy, that is. :)

Nicole said...

Ditto.... :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo