Friday, April 15

These Are MY Winter Work Clothes...

Maxim Long Sleeve Tee




Core Stability Boot Leg



I have to kind of agree with Liz about shopping at Lorna Jane. They can tend to be a little 'overpriced' at times for what they are. However, in spite of cost, I have to admit that of all the gym wear that I buy, LJ has given me the most bang-for-my-buck, over the years. I don't tend to buy LJ gear that often. Simply because it's alot of money to spend. My purchases are usually mulled over for some time before I'll fork out the dollars. But they are good quality and they've lasted the longest and continue to hold their shape and colour, even after washing and putting through the dryer (I know...it's not recommended, but I do it...lol...). Mind you, my best pieces are mostly spandex and cotton and they're more flattering to the derriere.



Today I bought myself a couple of LJ pieces to add to my winter work wear. For some people, a normal J.O.B is justification for spending dollars on uniforms. And that's how I see buying these pieces. They're my uniform. Well...that's what I tell myself.



I tend to spend 2-3 hours of my day at the gym, on average, 5 days a week. Now I don't work out the whole time. I always do a quick warm-up and then before I start, I complete all my dynamic stretches and activation work, followed with weights (most workout days), cardio and the post-stretches. So, I like to have a variety of different outfits, depending on what I'm doing. Mind you, I do have other brand names, and I commit the ultimate sin of mixing and matching them!


The above photos from the LJ site are part of the new LJ Excel, high-tech/performance range. Not that it really means anything, but I do like good quality-wear. I chose these two pieces mainly because I will be choofing off to Albury/Wodonga for my AA employment training in a few weeks, and it's going to be bloody cold!


I detest the cold, but 2 whole weeks without exercise is just too distressing to contemplate. And this time around, there will not be a repeat of putting on 2kg's in 2 weeks! The last time the days and nights were so jam packed that I only had time to go to the gym in the first week. So, if I can get in some gym time in the first week I'll be happy. But that means a 10-15min walk to the gym...brrrrr...I think I'll be jogging to keep warm! I'm trying to prepare myself as well as I can, and psyche myself up to endure the cold.


In as far as nutrition, the last time I went (September last year), I also had dessert every night after dinner (ice cream usually with apple or apricot danish), followed by those snack packets of beer nuts and potato chips at the boozer (AA speak for 'pub'). Hence, my remarkable ability to gain 2kg's, which incidentally took me many months to remove.


This time around, I've been given strict instructions...NO DESSERT!...whilst down there. Not even once!? How hard is that going to be? This will definitely test my resolve.


I've also started planning my 'in-between' meals down there so that I don't fall prey to my trigger foods, like...potato chips, beer nuts (and nuts in general), etc. I've already worked out that as soon as I arrive, I'm going into town to make some food purchases so that I can organise those meals, as we only get three meals a day at the mess (and it's the smorgasboard, all-you-can eat variety). The evenings are the hardest, when it's time to relax and unwind. So this is where I need to plan well.


Anyway...back to the work clothes.


Others spend money on junk food, jewellry, normal clothes, shoes, handbags, alcohol. I'm pretty boring. I don't drink or smoke, and I'm not a 'girly-girl', so fashion isn't one of my things, and wearing jewellry is a pain in the derriere, because you have to constantly remove it!


No...gym wear (and everything that revolves around keeping me fit) is my downfall. Oh the shame!

4 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

They look like great choices Kerry - might have to check them out. Have a great weekend! Cheers, Charlotte

Kerry W said...

Hey Charlotte...wore the top today. Loved it! Feels great on the skin and nice & warm, and it looks good too. Hope you have a fab weekend yourself. :)

amanda peters said...

Hey Kerry
Hope you are well :) I must admit I am a huge LJ fan! But I do agree, it can be a little too expensive unless on sale. You are looking fantastic and I totally agree with hubby..if you've got it, flaunt it!

Anonymous said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it.

Work Wear Australia

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo