Tuesday, February 2

Wk 5 & Taking a Different Path


Todays Weight: 60.15kg. A loss of 1.45kg...go figure! I wasn't on plan over the weekend due to a wedding on Saturday, and I couldn't resist a couple of slices of 'Bee Sting' when visiting mum and dad yesterday...lol...

Next week is wk 6 of when I got back on plan, set some goals and got back on track with exercise and nutrition. It wasn't an immediate thing. It's been gradual.

As of today, I'm feeling good and more confident about my direction this year. The goals I set originally at the start of the year, I thought I may have to change, because the type of exercise and activity has changed. It's not so black and white as I originally thought, and I've come to realise that the path I was heading down, wasn't congruent with Crossfit, martial arts and even the army.

It doesn't mean my goals have changed, it's just the way to achieving them has. It also requires of me, patience and the faith to dive into the unknown. It also requires complete trust in following a path of those I aspire to.

I'm looking forward to the possibilities and am starting to get my head around the fact that my body will constantly have to adapt to varying stimuli and working intensity. This is good, as long as I can be consistent. I'm also starting to become more intuitive with how I feel and am listening more to my body and what it's telling me. The last week especially has seen my recovery improve within a short period of time. And within two weeks of doing Crossfit consistently only 3 times per week, I'm already seeing changes to my body.

Anyway...after wk 6, I'll still be weighing in, though the scales won't be so important. I'm trying a different nutrition plan...The Zone Diet, which is more appropriate for Crossfit. I will be following the meal plans strictly until I get a feel for it, and will then tweak it, depending on how my body responds. I may need to alter it, depending...maybe more Paleo...I may need to increase the fats, etc, etc. I'll be more interested in how I look and feel, and what my measurements tell me. I'll also be looking to improve my overall training performance and results over time. So, it's a slow process, but I'll be taking my measurements and stats every six weeks, along with photos, to see any changes and/or progressions.

Okay...gotta go. No training today. Didn't sleep well and I wasn't feeling that well yesterday. But gotta take Miss Phil to daycare. So I will be catching up on sleep today. First night back at work tonight too, so I need to get some rest.

Have a great week all!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Kerry, have you read what Tom Venuto has to say about The Zone Diet?

Kerry W said...

I may have Robyn. Is it in BFFM? It's been awhile since I've read it. I'm doing alot of readin ATM, and alot is through Crossfit journal and other books. I've read alot of stuff over the years, and always approach things with caution. I don't believe in 'one size fits all'. I believe it's about taking the best of parts and moulding it to what is best for you, as an individual. I like to follow a particular 'recommendation' to see how it works and get an understanding of it's full benefits and then tweak things. There is never a perfect 'plan'. There's always pros and cons. It's a matter of finding the right combination.

But anyway...without knowing what the answer is, I'd be happy if you could enlighten me, and I'll do some more reading.

Cheers...Kerry :)

Nicole said...

Hey Kerry. I've been slack in commenting lately... great to see things are going well. I'll be interested to see how you go with your new eating plan. x

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo