Thursday, February 18

Wk 7, Coffee & on being a Tortoise


"The hare ran as fast as she could but it was too late.
The tortoise had won!
"You see, I told you I would get there in the end!"
said the tortoise.
"Slow and steady always wins the race."

- 'The Tortoise & the Hare', Aesop's Fables

Yesterday I finally got to meet the HAWT, young Judy in the flesh! Judy is one of the many amazing success stories of Ideal Bodies Online. She started on the IBO program twelve months ago, and she's still going strong! Judy has been a wonderful inspiration to those on the weight loss journey, and what makes Judy's story so inspiring is the amount of weight she has lost over this period, and what she's gone through to arrive where she is right now. I hope Judy doesn't mind me sharing this, but she started at 120kg, and is now under 100kg's! I think (I can't quite remember the stats) she's now about 90kgs??? I can't even imagine the sheer persistence and determination it took Judy, as I know that she found it a real hard slog for some time before seeing any visible results in weight or measurements. It was also exciting to see that her story so far (because there's more to come) was published in the new Shape magazine. I look forward to seeing Judy's continuing changes, progress and achievements in 2010!

Of course, it was lovely to catch up with Hilary too, and to meet her gorgeous little package, Skye, who is now 7 weeks old! Hilary is currently having a break as Ideal Bodies Online feedback coach to take on her challenging demands as a new mother. The last time we actually saw each other was at the INBA comp back in May last year at Chandler. It's sad to think we only live 10mins apart, but our lives are so busy, we can only catch up every so often. And Kristin couldn't make it yesterday, being the busy little beaver she is, so I hope to catch up with her soon.

On a different note, I weighed-in on Tuesday, and I'm back down to 60.25kg's. So it's up and down like a yo-yo from week-to-week. The important thing is, my weight is still steady and hovering around that 60kg mark (though not below). I won't see any further loss until I get into more Crossfit training and more regularity. My diet has been mostly good, though I haven't been as strict as I was when I was on program with IBO. I'm not training as often either, so it comes as no surprise there. I hope to start on the Zone/Paleo diet in the next couple of weeks, so I'm hoping for some great results there, and the goal is to improve my training performance and results, my energy levels, and also to get and stay lean. Today I finally get around to seeing one of the trainers about the zone diet, and tonight I'm attending a Crossfit Sport Psychology Workshop at Crossfit Brisbane. So, with all these things brought together, and once I can get some consistency in my Crossfit training, I'm hoping to see some good results.

But I'm plodding along like the tortoise this year, and just taking things in my stride. It's definitely a change from my Hare existence of 2009. Man, what a ride that was last year!

Anyway...weekend is nearly here, so enjoy the rest of your week and the weekend, and I'll catch up early next week, as I'll be Armying this weekend.
Ciao for now...Kerry :)

6 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

That makes two of us (being tortoises). It's hard to see the scale move so slowly but I know it's better for me in the long run.

Anonymous said...

Awww Kerry! That's so lovely - you made me a little teary.

SO freakin awesome to meet you fer-reals.

xo

Anonymous said...

Awww Kerry! That's so lovely - you made me a little teary.

SO freakin awesome to meet you fer-reals.

xo

Fifi said...

:o( Jealous. Sometimes Perth sucks.

Kerry W said...

Yep Charlotte...scales moving slowly, but that's no surprise.

Judestone...ditto on meeting you fer-reals! ;)

Funny Frankie...we were all saying over coffee that we would all just so love to meet you in person. It feels like you're an old friend...ya know...like I've known you all my life.
won't it be a blast though when we finally do catch up in person...lol.. :)

Robyn said...

Well, I live in Byron... and I didn't get an invite. So I'm super pissed off. ;p

Realistically, though, I would have been at work... but still, I can always call it a principle thing... :)

Kerry, I'm so a toirtoise this year. In fact, that's my new goal. Slow, steady, sustainable change. For example, I'm only weighing & measuring myself once every six weeks. And I'm going to try & move beyond the all-or-nothing mentality.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo