Wednesday, February 16

Loving How I'm Feeling Right Now...






















Currently, I'm sitting at 59.45kgs. I'm 2.45kgs off my goal weight, and I haven't set a date yet for that to happen by, because I haven't made the decision. That's what I now need to do.


In spite of that, I'm feeling the best I've felt for 12 months! I think I'm definitely in a better place than I was 12 months ago (I had started Crossfit). Not only am I feeling better energy-wise, but I feel confident again about how I'm looking from an aesthetic point of view, i.e. leaner. And also, the most significant change is that from a physiological perspective, my body is alot stronger and I'm not experiencing all the ailments I was experiencing because of my hip injury. So I'm stronger through the hip/pelvis region and my core stability has improved, as well as I've had increased strength gains in my lower back and glutes.


I have still a long way to go, but I'm happy with how far I've come.


Last Friday, I did something I don't do that often. I went clothes shopping in Maroochydore. Lots of surf shops! I love surf gear. I splurged and bought my first pair of Rusty shorts (photo of me in them in my last post with Nicole and Craig Harper). They're so comfortable. I also bought a perfect fitting pair of little boardies (Baku) to wear with my new Jets monokini. Below is a pic of the style which is very close, though pattern is completely different. Another splurge, and at half-price, I couldn't resist. I've been looking for the right ones for a long time. The back is completely exposed with a tie around the neck and across the back, and there's only a slight cut on both sides into my abs so it shows my muscles coming through, but hides nicely the loose skin that sits at the bottom of my abs, and keeps everything nicely tucked in. I'm not usually one for labels, but I'm sick of buying cheap shit that doesn't last and doesn't look as good on. Of course, I still buy nice little bargains if they look nice on. I love some of Supre's stuff, especially their tops.




Anyhoos...time to go. Lots to do. My apologies for the bedraggled face, but I worked last night, so looking a bit pasty. Oh...another great Zumba class was had this morning, but sadly, not Kath and Kim style. :)

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Looking buff and fabulous there, Kerry!

Vebica said...

Very strong! excellent.

Magda said...

Wow you look great Kerry. Good job getting yourself back to such a good place.

Kerry W said...

Gee...thanks Robyn. I'm getting there. ;)

Looks can be deceiving Ve. But I'm getting stronger, and getting better. That's always the main aim. BTW. It sounds as though you are just smashing Crossfit! Your progress has been nothing short of amazing. Love your work! :P

Thanks Magda. I'm feeling great. And yeah...it's nice to be back in such a good place. :)

Fifi said...

well YOU are just a kickarse byatch that is NOT to be messed with! ha! You inspire me Kerry!!

Anonymous said...

You've got some great definition going on there and yes, you're looking much leaner and obviously fitter and stronger Kerry.

Congrats on your efforts. :o) xxx

Miss Positive said...

Looking awesome there miss Kerry! Great to hear you are feeling so good too, and enjoying clothes shopping too.

Kerry W said...

ha..ha Frankie...love the way you talk! :P

Thanks Lia. Yes, fitter and stronger is a continual and ongoing process. :)

Clothes shopping I'm not really keen on Hilary, but I have to admit that at times I love to go out and get specific items when I get the urge. It usually coincides with when I'm feeling leaner and more confident, as I have more to choose from. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo