Sunday, July 3

Let's Get It Started...



"Everybody, everybody, let's get into it.
Get stupid.
Get it started, get it started, get it started.
Let's get it started (ha), let's get it started in here.
Let's get it started (ha), let's get it started in here.
Let's get it started (ha), let's get it started in here.
Let's get it started (ha), let's get it started in here.
Yeah."

- from the lyrics 'Let's Get It Started', by Black Eyed Peas


There's not much to say lately. Sometimes I think what I have to say is inconsequential to most. What goes through my head on most days in relation to my goals, is boring in its' simplicity.

It's what motivates me and gets me out of bed and wanting to train.  Shallow and self-serving it may appear, but it's what drives me.  The vision of what is possible gives me energy and inspires me to push myself, even when on some days I'd quite happily stay in bed under the covers.

But it's not in the reaching, but the striving where all the rewards are.  It's what keeps me young.

I feel a sense of accomplishment that at the age of 42, I'm in better shape than I was at 22, abeit not as agile. I'm in the best place of my life right now, and I figure it can only get better.  Why stop now?  I have no health problems or concerns because I exercise and I'm careful about what I eat, and I have a balanced approach to life.  I'm disciplined, but not obsessive.  


Let's be honest...to be lean all year round takes constant hard work and discipline.   It doesn't just happen by accident.  And to keep on top of our health and fitness takes so much more work, as all of us woman in their late 30's-over 40's can attest to.  I've also found from experience that we tend to have more 'stuff' to deal with...injuries, post-pregnancy scars (for those of us who have children) and the emotional baggage which comes as a natural consequence of just being around for this long.


 

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do"

- John Wooden


So what inspires me every day to train hard and watch what I eat?

A tight, hard set of glutes and
flaring quads...


That is all.  Nothing more...nothing less.

Oh...and to look like what Ava Cowan does in those shorts!  And without shorts. ;)  Come on, you know you want it too.  So...let's get it started...no time like the present (I tell myself).







0 comments:

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo