Wednesday, April 1

"Acknowledge and Accept your own Craziness!"


The title is quoted from Cherie Horne's blog. Her statement typifies what I've been alluding to lately, about being a freak. Well, when you read what she's achieved and how she prepares physically for mountain-climbing expeditions, it kinda makes me feel like my present level of fitness is nothing short of pathetic. And thinking about my blog name, 'No Ordinary Moments', makes my life look, well...quite...how do I put it....ORDINARY!


But hey...we're all on a journey, and no two people's journeys are ever the same. And anyway...we all start somewhere. Everybody is just at a different stage. Hell...8 months ago, I didn't believe I'd be where I am today, after a long time being the person I dreaded becoming...the sloth. But here I am, semi-fit and getting fitter. I'm feeling happy in my body for the first time in many years, and finally feel like the person looking back at me in the mirror, is who I am on the inside - the person I am meant to be. It's a very satisfying feeling.


And as I continue along my fitness journey, I've come to realise that as I progress, that it's important for me to find a role model, who typifies where I'm heading and what I am moving toward. Someone who engenders the type of 'craziness' I aspire toward - and at the moment, Cherie Horne fits the bill.


Oh...and if you want to read some more about Cherie, I'd recommend reading her interview with Craig Harper, which no doubt, many of you bloggers have already read.


Ciao for now...Kerry :)

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

Really puts some of us to shame-hey! I would love to do mountain climbing...but I absolutely know I would not get any thrill at all with that damn cooooooooold ass weather-LOL! Not to mention the fact that it just looks (and sounds)so darn hard! LOL! :o)

Petah said...

Hi, You are so right as usual!! We are all at different stages. I am no where near where I want to be BUT I am always trying and to me that is what counts...never give up!!
I don't think you are ordinary and we should try to have role models...not some one we want to be just someone we look up to.
Good post.
Bye the way I think you might fit the bill as my role model:)
Petah

Kerry W said...

I'm with you on the cold weather Raechelle! I'm a tropics gal.
Thanks Petah for your lovely comments. :) I acknowledge that I may be at a stage that others aspire, so I am humbled by it, and it helps fuel my motivation to be better than I am right now.

Nicole said...

Hi Kerry, thanks for your comments on my blog !! I too read Cherie's interview with Mr Harper and was very inspired. I'm quite sure you are the only person left able to access my blog without getting stuck on the internet explorer brain explosion. How do you get around it?

Kerry W said...

Hi Nicole

When the error message comes up, I think I close the window or hit ok, and it comes up with 'not connecting'. I hit the back button, and for some reason it allows me to close the error window and continue reading your blog? I just went to do it again to see the process, and would you believe it didn't come up with the error message...lol...

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo