Thursday, October 9

Focus or Self Obsession?

You know...since starting on this journey to a better body, better me, I've noticed something...I keep checking myself out to see if there's less fat here and more muscle there...are those dimples smoothing out?...does my butt look big in this?..blah..blah..blah...

And you know what?...it's bloody time-consuming!

And it's not just that...it's stuff like being aware of every moment of the day, because I'm either prepping food, cooking food, eating food, then I'm writing it all down. Every time I drink a 500ml glass of water, I strike it off on my little blackboard, so I know I'm drinking my min. 3ltrs per day. Now when I shower, I do a dry skin brush, followed by exfoliating in the shower, and then moisturise when I get out...and of course there's my hair. I have to wash & condition every day plus comb it in the shower, otherwise I get dreds in about 2 days.

Then it's making sure my gym clothes are washed and ready-to-wear so I can zip out the door. It's writing and replying to my email buddies, reading the forum, responding, updating this blog (and it's only been days since I started it). I now have to think about what I am wearing before I go out, because I am so conscious of wanting to 'look good'. Does that sound familiar to anybody?

Prior to this, my showers took 5 minutes. I don't wear make up generally so that saves on time. I don't brush my hair all day, or have to blow-dry. It's done when I get out and put stuff in it, and that's it. I don't do washing, toning, cleansing for the face, or do my nails. I didn't care if I looked daggy when I went out, because it was too much trouble and I was fat anyway, so why bother?

So I was wondering about that today. Am I becoming self-obsessed or is it because I'm just so focused on reaching my goals?

Then I think about how far I've come, with losing weight and body fat, fitting into my clothes. My energy levels have gone through the roof because I'm exercising and eating properly. My confidence has grown again. I feel good about myself for the first time in a long time. Even my self-talk and how I am now responding to people has changed. And the flow-on effect is now that the way other people are responding to me has changed. I'm connecting so much more with people now and attracting more positivity in my life. My opportunities and options seem to be increasing and I have a new, more profound outlook on my life and what my future holds!

So I think about what Shelly (my feedback coach) often says to me in her replies..."It's all good!"

On another note...the cardiologist appointment for Philomena went well. As I thought, she was really good and no problem this time, because she's one year older. She actually had fun (except for the ECG). And the best part was...no heart problems! Just a little 'flow murmur', but the little holes in her heart she had at birth are all closed up. So no more visits to cardiologists...yay!

Well...training went well last night, though the legs were a little fatigued after doing a legs workout. It's usually that way for about the first 10min's or so, and then the fatigue disappears and I'm ready to get into the remainder of my cardio. I was wondering how I'm going to go in my next program. I'm assuming that my training program may involve some heavier weights work, so I wonder how doing cardio afterwards is going to work. I will just have to wait and see and cross that bridge when I get to it.

Today, the hips/glutes are still a little stiff, but good, and the legs workout last night helped loosen the stiffness a little too. I did go a bit lighter on the stretches and omitted my glute exercises that my physio gave me. The rest did me good, so hopefully it will ease up towards the end of the week...week 11 of my program...yikes! Only 1 week to go til I finish...though I am looking forward to having a week off weights and having a change to my exercise for my 2nd program.

That's it for today I suppose. Better go and earn my keep and get lunch ready for Philomena and I!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

0 comments:

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo