Monday, October 6

Why a Blog? Why now?

Why on earth do I want to start a blog? It's the start of a new journey for me. It began 10 weeks ago, and it started with 'Idealbodiesonline.com'. It was a decision to stop feeling like crap, to lose weight, get fit again, and be the person I used to be. I wanted the person I see in the mirror to look like the person I see in my head (which is what I was), only better...much better...

Life's gone a bit awry since hurting my back, after initially decreasing my activity levels after a lifetime of sport and being fit and healthy. Problem is, once you injure yourself you don't realise how it has a cumulative effect, and before long, other parts of your body break-down. It affects your health, your quality of life, and...your self confidence.

Anyway, I decided to start today of all days, because for the first time in a long time, I'm imagining so many possibilities. I've been thinking of how to re-invent myself, and now there is so much to choose from. What should I do, and which new path shall I take?

It's been changing daily. All I am thinking of at the moment with my program is to get my body fat % down to where I have smooth, hard muscles showing. The bonus with all of this is that I am gradually healing my injuries and getting stronger. What a great feeling! The possibilities I know will keep expanding as I get leaner, stronger, fitter...wow what a trip! Who needs drugs to get a high!

What have I been thinking of doing? Getting back to my favoured sport (another 6-12months). Doing stuff I've always wanted to do, but didn't think in my previous condition would come to fruition any time soon...rockclimbing, kayaking, back to bushwalking, surfing...the list goes on.

And last night, a real aha! moment...army reserves part-time! Wow...I thought about that earlier in life but took a different path. It's really a 2 year goal. Hope I'm not too old by the time I'm ready. I do have a toddler to think about...oh and a husband! He thinks it's a great goal and the extra money would be welcomed (we live on 1 income, and the idea of going back to work in a 'normal' job just doesn't excite me). It's not only the physical part of it, but the discipline, the combat/weapons skills you learn, and of course, doing something for your country. Just giving back something for a change.

So there it is...I'm hoping by putting it out there into the universe, the answers will come to me and the right doors will open to me...

I'm also hoping to put to rest ghosts of the past which still haunt me and hold me back from reaching my full potential.

Ciao for now...in my new, emerging, skin...Kerry :)

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Kerry!
Great to see you here blogging! There's a great community around you will find - I have met lots of like minded people, which is great!!
Looking forward to keeping up with your progress in blogland!
Cheers
Carolyn :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo