Tuesday, October 7

A little washed out

Yes...I awoke feeling a little 'hung over' this morning, but no boast of any alcohol consumption. I did weights/cardio last night after a two day break, probably only my 2nd two day break in my program so far. I trained hard as I always do and upped the weights on a couple which I was finding a little too easy. I didn't get out of bed until 7:30 this morning, and Philomena had to amuse herself after Anthony had left for work. Luckily, I don't have a job! Otherwise I'd be stuffed. I don't really get a rest with a toddler running around (and me after her), but at least I don't have any other demands or time constraints, and for that, I am thankful. As long as I have Philomena bathed, fed and ready for bed when Anthony gets home, I'm out the door and on my way to the gym.

I think I'm addicted...to the gym, that is. I feel strange if I don't go to the gym. I feel so good when I go and I love that feeling of being in control physically again, being focused and pushing myself...it's been a long time since I've had that feeling, and I'd forgotten the adrenaline rush that comes with it. I always keep in the forefront of my mind not only how I'll be looking (which is muscular, strong and lean), but what I'll be doing and how I feel while I'm doing it. I also imagine myself training in martial arts again and I can't wait to get to that level of fitness and strength again. It's such a motivator for me!

I'm going to try a class in my week's break from the program. You know that one, I think is called 'Body Combat'. My physio has given me some isolation exercises to help increase my glute strength which is sadly lacking, and which I need for maintaining my stances and high kicking positions. It's just to sound out my progress and for a little fun and bit of motivation. So, with the exercises and continuing with my IBO program I should be able to start some basic martial arts training for myself again, soon. Fingers crossed...

I just have to share this one...I have with my IBO email buddies...

During my stretching routine at the end of my gym session, Alby (who is the gym guy who does my measurements...skin caliper, etc), came up to me and said "Do you know you have a nickname?". Of course I replied, "no...I have a nickname?" looking dumbfounded. I have a nickname at the gym and it is 'Superwoman'! Well I had to laugh at this one, because all I could think of is..."if they think I'm training hard now, wait til I'm really doing some serious training! What will they call me then?"

It was quite hard then to maintain my usual serious, focused demeanour and I had to try hard to keep the smile off my face, which lasted all the way home (with some sporadic heckling in-between) until I could tell Anthony.

Well that's it for me today...been thinking more about the army reserves, and I'm quite liking the idea. I'm going to make it a 2yr goal and get as fit as I can until then and brush up on all my other skills too. Who knows what will happen in-between, but I know I'm going to enjoy the journey, wherever it takes me!

0 comments:

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo