Friday, October 10

Re-Prioritising my Life

I was reading a thread on the IBO forum last night, and one of the sunshine coast girls was offloading about how everything seemed to fall to the wayside on this program. That once you take care of everyone else's needs along with eating right and exercising, there's just no time for...CLEANING! Well...she had got to the stage where enough was enough and she had to clean for a few days and put aside everything and everyone else, just so she could feel on top of things again.

I could really empathise with her...I too am experiencing the same dilemna. Since starting the program, some things I've let slip, and one of those is, you guessed it...housework! The other thing is my website (home selling) and general paperwork and households bills, budgeting, etc.

Normally, I would be so organised with these things and know exactly when bills were due, how much money there was for food and so on. But at the moment I'm not really too sure when some bills are due. I've been a bit slack in that department, whereas I usually have a reminder in my outlook to tell me when bills are due. They do get paid, though I got our phone bill the other day, and realised it was two months worth...oops! I really need to have one day to clean the house from top to bottom, and then one day to go through all the mail, and bills that have been piling up!

I also need to re-prioritise what's now important in my life now...because it's changed. My first priority is always Philomena, though I hate to admit...I've been neglecting her a little recently because I've been so caught up in myself and my health and fitness goals. The guilt is starting to rear its' ugly head...arghhhh...

I reach this point sometimes, and I know it's happening...when I start to live my life in the realm of imagination, and it starts to encroach upon my everyday reality. For me, it's a warning sign, because that means my head is in the clouds and my feet have left the ground...

Reality starts to take a back seat, and normal, everyday things begin to get ignored or put off (like keeping the kitchen clean, changing Phil's nappies a bit more regularly, folding the clothes & towels, making the beds, cleaning the toilet and bathroom, general tidying, etc).

This week I have reached that point, and I need to re-prioritise and re-organise my life. Get back on track and do the simple things that will have a (negative) effect on other areas of my life if left to chance. And I need to get back to writing up a daily and weekly 'to-do' list, so that the 'other stuff' in my life doesn't overwhelm me, and my husband doesn't decide to leave me because I've been a neglectful, lazy, selfish wife and mother! I've been putting off what I know I need to do all week...
procrastination is definitely one of my weaknesses.

On the health front though...it's all great!

Tomorrow sees my weekly weigh-in for the end of week 11, which means the INBA titles are next weekend, and I am so looking forward to meeting Sue and Carolyn and other members of IBO. It will also be great to see what standards I can aspire toward...a great motivator!

Ciao for now...here's hoping that my feet touch the ground very soon...Kerry :)

1 comments:

Fifi said...

Oh dear I left a comment and didn't like it so I deleted it. Then it dobbed me in and said I'd deleted my post!

Haha..oh well I was going to say "welcome to my world".

Same thing happened to me 6 weeks ago so you did pretty well up to now.

All will be well but it does sucketh majorly in the meantime.

Patience is our friend..:)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo