Thursday, November 20

Annual Holiday Sabbatical






It's only 3 sleeps until we leave for our annual family holiday. We always look forward to this time of the year, and making it an annual event somewhere special, makes it even more memorable. Especially when you have children. Each year sees them being able to do more, experience more and the whole experience becomes enjoyable for us as parents, because we get to do more things as our children grow and become more capable. And looking back at photos and seeing the changes is also wonderful!


So it's off to Caloundra on Sunday. We have stayed at the same place for the past 3 yrs, so this is our 4th year. We've stayed at Tranquil Shores pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy and post pregnancy, now moving into the toddler years. And for me personally, that's overweight, overweight during pregnancy, back to overweight, and now....lean and healthy, soon to be fit! :)


Our annual sabbatical is also about special things we do when we're on holidays, that we don't normally do during the course of the year.


The following are some of things we do every year (apart from going to the beach most days)...


* eat pizza for one lunch at a nearby italian restaurant in Bulcock St (can't remember the name, but it's in an arcade)
* spend a day at Australia Zoo
* spend a morning in Montville, and we have devonshire tea with the biggest, most mouth-watering scones loaded with fresh cream and jam, at the patisserie
* we buy a German hand-made christmas bauble from the Cuckoo-clock shop in Montiville. We add it to our Christmas tree as a reminder of our holiday in that year
* visit the cheese factory in Maleny; do lots of tasting and buy gourmet cheeses to take home for Christmas
* we have these most delicious flour-free chocolate brownies from a little health food take-away in Bulcock st. They're a treat because they cost about $3 per slice...but they are to die for!
* I go see an evening movie by myself in the little cinema in Bulcock street...I especially look forward to this part of our holiday!

    From a training point-of-view, now that I've had some recovery-time, I've decided that I will now be training. I'll be continuing my normal weights sessions, as I've only just started back again this week and want to keep progressing with that.

    Since my cardio sessions have nearly halved, and the intensity has been dropped for the time being, I'm just going to do those with our early morning beach walks before brekky. We rise early every morning and go for a brisk walk from Bulcock Beach to Kings Beach and back. Though this year I want to add in a swim in the surf at King's Beach before heading back.


    For my workouts, I found this little boutique gym in Bulcock street over the net. You have to book ahead, because they only allow so many people in the gym at any one time. It's very personalised and most importantly...it's close (a short walk); and the rates are pretty good...$15 casual (which is pretty standard) or $40 for the week - to go as many times as you like. I only intend to do 3 sessions, but if I pay $40 and find I have some time up my sleeve, I might pop in for some more cardio or maybe something else. We'll see...


    Okay...gotta go. I've started my list and need to go and start washing the clothes. Will have to buy a couple of things before we go and start packing tomorrow, as Saturday we're in for a busy day...morning at the gym (both hubby and myself), and social get together in the arvo.

    Talk to you soon...

    Ciao for now...Kerry :)



    4 comments:

    Fifi said...

    aww cute photos!

    I've been to Montville! My ex hubby's brother was married there so we flew over and spent a weekend up there back when Alex was around 18 months old. Gorgeous spot. I had devonshire teas as well! Beautiful shops..drooled over all the stained glass stuff as well.

    Have a wonderful trip!

    Kerry W said...

    Thanks Frankie...will post more pics on our return.

    Kerry :)

    Rachael P said...

    Good going Kerry. The Hinterland is where my hubby and I were going to move to. We were looking at around Kurrelpa on the otherside down the hill or Palmwoods I think its called, right down the middle. I fell in love with that scenery and was so keen to move up there. But there wasnt the school I needed for the kids and well, the mozzies are horendous up there in the hills. Montville, awww that is soo historical, it is sort of like walking in an old town I reckon, the same with Maleny. We ended up by my sisters wedding lollies from the candy rock shop up there with her personalised message. yum yum.

    Anyway I hope you have a great trip. hhmm now I want to be walking on the beach, love it.

    Jealous now. Oh well soon for me too.

    Rach

    Miss Positive said...

    Hope you have a fabulous time Kerry! We love Montville and Maleny too, gorgeous spot!

    Hilary xx

     

    NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo