Thursday, November 13

In the Presence of Greatness

"To Everything there is a season, and
a time to every purpose under the heavens"
Ecclesiastes 3

This is one of my all-time favourite verses. To me it sums up life as I know it. And the fact is...we don't know it. We don't know what lifes' events and occurrences are going to bring us, and what their ultimate purpose is. We just have to accept that there is a purpose, and that regardless of how we try to plan, change, manipulate, grasp, or decipher it (purpose), that like the seasons which we have no control over, it will determine its' own course and reveal itself in its' own time.

So I'm sitting here at my computer. It's quiet, it's early (because I'm not at the gym), and I've been surfing the blogs looking for inspiration...and I found some...lots actually.

You know...some people...some women are quite amazing! Sometimes when you think you've got your S**T together, you then discover that someone else out there, not only has their S**T together, and stacked neatly, but it's packaged in gold wrapping and tied with beautiful big bow!

I've been reading blogs by women who are competing in body building comps. Not just these women, but other women who I want to be like, and even a bit like I was at the peak of my fitness. When you read about the training they do; what they put their bodies through and what their bodies can do, it's awe-inspiring! It makes me feel like a beginner with my training wheels on, eager to throw them off and ride 2-wheeled with the big girls!

But you know...not that long ago I would have felt intimidated. Looking where I am at and where they are all now, you could say that I'm in the little league. But I can also say that I'm working my way up and that I cannot deny myself the satisfaction of what I've achieved so far in my fitness comeback quest.

Who was it that said that to become the person you want to be, that you must first be that person, as if you are living in the image of that person right here, right now...until you are that person. I believe (in my head) I am that person, and I train like I am that person, and will continue to do so, until I look into the mirror and find that image has become reality.

Everything that has happened so far has brought me to this point in time, and even though my purpose hasn't fully revealed itself, it's given me a glimpse...and for me that's enough to feel contented, because I've seen greatness and I know what possibilties lie ahead.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

2 comments:

Fifi said...

I've had a peak at some of those blogs Kerry ..which lead me to more blogs... there ARE indeed some amazing women out there. I've added a couple to mine as well. I really think our best years are still to come!

Kerry W said...

Yes Frankie...I agree..I think the best years are definitely to come!

Kerry :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo