Monday, November 17

Mojo is back!

Tonight saw my first weights session after a my 3 day complete rest (last week). I was mildly surprised and quite delighted at how well my body responded. No problems at all and I also managed a 13-min med. intensity jog without hip or back repercussions, so I was rather pleased!

So after my rest and temporary increase in carbs, it was back to the gym on Friday night for a low-intensity 30min cardio session (though I have to admit - low intensity means 'no effort', so I had to raise a bit of a sweat), followed by an hour session of basic martial arts training. It's been such a long time, and even though a little tough, I really enjoyed it and it was good to get to old legs fired up and kicking again! It's amazing how quickly things come back to you, and how your body just doesn't forget. Now I really did work up a sweat, but oh it felt soooo good! Can't wait for this week's session. And then Saturday saw another LI cardio and abs. Rest on Sunday.

Even though it's back to the gym at a lower intensity, I am starting to feel like I have my mojo back and am once again motivated to continue onward and upward! My imagination has been given a fresh kick-start with dreams of physical grandeur!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

5 comments:

Fifi said...

Whooo hoo!

Glad you're feeling better Kerry!

Rachael P said...

Yes, good stuff. Our bodies are simply amazing.

Kerry W said...

Thanks girls...feels good to have a more energy again.

Kerry :)

Moby Dick said...

way cool to get your MOJO back when it is down!!

Miss Positive said...

Its amazing what having a rest can do for your motivation isn' it?!! Great to hear that you're back in the swing.

Hilary xx

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo