Monday, June 29

Walking the Talk


So I gave myself a stern talking to last night.

"Kerry", I said to myself, "What advice would you give yourself in this situation if you were mentoring someone else?" So that's when the solutions came, in answer to my momentary motivational detour.

No.1 - Have the mind of a beginner. Okay...I think I know what you mean...the desire to listen, learn and take action with all the eagerness and curiosity of a child.
No.2 - Think about your original goals and what it is that you wanted to achieve. How did you feel when you reached these goals? I felt FANTASTIC! It was like my old self, but a new, better version...strong, confident, trim, energetic, ready to take on the world.
No. 3 - Now that you've achieved those goals, do you still want what you have? YES! Most definitely.
No. 4 - What kept you motivated during your fitness journey? The vision of who I wanted to be was always constant in my head....Every day and waking moment.
No. 5 - How did you keep that 'feeling' of power, control and drive during your journey? I kept that picture in my head of who I wanted to be, but I listened to music that kept me pumped. In the morning...during the day...on the way to the gym...back from the gym - I'd fill my head with the music and visualise myself doing all those things I dreamed about.
No. 6 - What are your current goals? Reach peak fitness for Kapooka, i.e. maintain my strength, improve my cardiovascular fitness, especially in relation to running. After Kapooka...take my fitness to the next level, by training at Crossfit.
No. 7 - Now remember all of this - revisit this post if you need to. Harness that energy and that feeling of power and vitality. Refocus and GO FOR IT!

4 comments:

Fifi said...

ahh yes. Music is a BIG motivator for me. In all areas. It can always lift me up. Love it!

LizN said...

Nice one Kerry! Sometimes we aren't very good at taking our own advice (that would be me sometimes!)
xx
Liz N

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you are like the most focused and motivated person ever. It's great that you sat yourself down and worked through it all.

Also, totally agree. It's all about the music!

Kerry W said...

Yeah...it's definitely about the music.

Jude...someone more focused and motivated than me...Kristin and Sue! ;-)

Liz...hmmmm....yep - that would be right (not good at taking our own advice).

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo