Tuesday, December 16

Christmas Food...5 more sleeps...











Yeah...I know...it's more than five sleeps...but not for me!

We are fortunate, in that every Christmas, we celebrate with Anthony's family on the eve of Christmas (which is a Swedish tradition), and then with my family on Christmas Day. So there's no stress with running around trying to appease both sides of the family. Makes for a more relaxing and enjoyable time.

Yes...I know...that's still more than 5 sleeps...but not this year. Not all family members can make it on time on the eve of Christmas, due to work, so we've decided to have our Swedish christmas eve on Sunday instead. No rushing, and we can all begin eating around noon, starting with cheese, garlic and herb ciabata grilled with melted cheese on top...take our time...and leisurely graze right into the evening, where we'll finish off with a cheese platter and coffees. Perrrrfect!

Anyway...apart from maintaining my program (which I've been proudly sticking to), all I've been thinking about is FOOOD...FOOOD...GLORIOUS FOOOD! And I have to tell you...I'm starting to develop some serious cravings for everything I haven't been eating the last 3-5 months. One of those things is Bread (with lashings of butter of course), and the other is....CHEEEESE! All I've been talking about is CHEEESE...all varieties, served with crackers, European smoked sausages (Kransky & Chorizo...yummmm), and a selection of fruit. And in between there somewhere I'll even have a glass or two of alcohol, which I rarely ever have. I especially enjoy a little good quality Port with my main meal. And every year we break out the bottles of sparkling apple juice. I love that stuff!

Okay...now that I have that off my chest...it's just the countdown until Sunday. Hopefully, I won't go berserko, because it's only about 3 weeks until I start depletion, and to get the best results, I need to keep my food really clean (I'm hoping the 2 days of festivities will not make too much of a difference). Fingers crossed!

Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you enjoy your food as much as I'm going to...Kerry :)

3 comments:

Fifi said...

Thanks Kerry. Now I am drowning in the rush of saliva to my mouth.

I have no idea what we are having as going to my uncles place but I know it will be noisy as Sri Lankans like doing two things - eating and yelling!

Kerry W said...

Sounds like fun Frankie...eating and yelling...he..he...enjoy!

Raechelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've browsed yours and-wow-kudos to you! Great progress! Of course, I'm always bias towards a chick that's fit over forty-LOL!
Sounds like a good family layout for the holidays!
Have a great Chrissy!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo