Tuesday, December 30

Throwing off the Shackles


I've been catching up on a few blogs, and reading SH's blog about New Year's resolutions and how many Aussies actually make them, only to break them within a short period of time. I made a comment about how liberated I felt, because for the first time in a veeeery long time, I won't need to make any New Year's resolutions - especially when it comes to anything diet related.

Here I am, feeling pretty good, having lost a little over 13kg's now, in a size 10, which I can't ever remember being. Maybe when I was about 17 or 18yrs of age.

I feel liberated, because I made the decision to do something about not only my weight, but about where I was heading. I knew that if I did something about my health and self-image, that other positive things would happen as a consequence. So many things have happened, I can't begin to even describe how my life has changed. The great lesson for me in doing the IBO program, is now I know that what I have said I would do - I have done, so I know that from here on in, whatever I set myself I can achieve. In the last 8 years or so, I haven't really believed I'd achieve what I said I would, but now I am making promises and decisions and seeing them through.

That's why it's taking me a while to nut out my goals for 2009. I really want to make sure that what I set down is really what I want, not just something that sounds good, but something that is achievable for me. Of course, there's stuff in my head I probably won't put down, but I keep it safe in my head - I think they're more 2 year health goals, but that won't stop me from aiming for them - in fact they motivate me right now.

So I've thrown off the shackles and now I am experiencing such clarity in my life. Life is good - happy, striving yet content, full of wonder at the possibilities, blessed by family, friends and other weird and wonderful people that make it all the more interesting!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

Yay for you! and truly best of luck for the new year!
You've touched on a point that LISA at "Strength & Beauty" has blogged about today-defining the "why" in achieving goals...check her out!
Happy New Year!

Kerry W said...

Thanks Raechelle. Though I realise as I get older, that luck has little to do with it. I do believe and have experienced serendipity though.

Just read Lisa's blog. Definitely thought provoking, and I know where she's coming from with the 'why'. It's difficult to sustain anything long term, unless there is a strong 'why'.

Have a fab New Year tonight, and best of luck with your property search!

Fifi said...

Hi Kerry. So glad you're feeling this way. I was thinking about you today and about how it's nearly been 6 months since we started this. You have made such HUGE changes IN your body (as well as how you look physically). I really hope I can do it too.

Frankie

Kerry W said...

Frankie

I believe YOU CAN DO IT!!

Have your read Lisa's blog "Strength & Beauty"? As Raechelle says, it's about the WHY, and if you're WHY is strong enough, then you'll do it - and in 'your time', whether that is 3 months, 6 months or more.

Yeah...6 months. Geez! Doesn't time fly. And just think...if we hadn't begun 6 months ago, where would be right now? (Perish the thought...probably in the same place...NO THANKS!)

Fifi said...

Yeah I know what you mean. Even though I'm not where I want to be yet, mentally I am getting there. And the blogging is really helping me as I've had no success with remembering to journal at home but now I've said I'm going to blog...I have to!

Happy New Year! I'm having a quiet red and watching 'the year that was'.

Cheers

Frankie

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo