Monday, December 22

Updated Training Program

Just a quick post tonight, as I have promised myself to get earlier nights...

Started my updated program tonight (back/biceps/calves), and it's great! Went really well, and felt good. Was 2.5 hrs at the gym, by the time I got through the program, had a chat with a couple of women who said they wanted to look like me, esp. my shoulders (was I chuffed or what?), and add in my new physio exercises along with stretches.

I'm working through my niggles with the help of my physio who I go back to see on Wednesday. I'm hoping the soreness in my glutes, hammies and lower back sensitivity will ease up soon with the new program and more recovery, i.e. sleep.

On that note...nitey-nite and sweet dreams...

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

4 comments:

Raechelle said...

Yes...that is the problem with getting a tiny bit older-and being a weight lifter-It seems to take longer for everything to heal :(

Are you taking any supps? Fish oil, glutamine, cal/mag? Glucosamine and condroitin (sp?) are great for joints-I swear by them-my knees are definitely less fragile since taking that combo.
Stay strong!

Fifi said...

Glad you got your program sorted Kerry. I agree with supplements esp the fish oil With my hip inflammation by chiro said I should be taking up to between 6 and 10 a day. They really make the difference. I've actually been able to stop taking glucosamine and take just the fish oil (and glutamine of course).

I am so looking forward to seeing your final photos!!

Kerry W said...

Yes...it's hard to accept that my body is getting older, and that it takes more time to heal after injury. But as you say in your blog...Dream it...believe it...achieve it!

I take glutamine, multi-vits, Vit b as recommended by PT. Will probably have to take creatine for upcoming programs. But I'll look into the glucosamine & condroitin for joints. Thanks!

Kerry W said...

Damn Frankie...you must have posted just before me!

Yeah...the fish oil I suppose should look at as well. Hadn't thought about that for the hip joints.

Ta.

Yeah...hope my photos turn out how I imagine they will. Depletion starts 9 jan 09, so am starting to psyche myself up for it.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo