Wednesday, December 24

Christmas Reflections


Above is a picture of our humble Christmas Tree. I love it though, and the picture doesn't do it service. Philomena helped me hang the baubles this year and put on the bows. She doesn't quite have the finger dexterity yet to put them on, but she handed them to me. Next year she should be able to put them on herself.

Well, it's the night before Christmas, and not long ago not a creature was stirring, not even Philomena, who is sound asleep. She knows tomorrow is Christmas and its' Jesus' birthday. She also knows she gets to open her presents tomorrow and 'eat cake', as she aptly reminded me this afternoon.

It's so quiet and peaceful, and it really has been stress-free and quite relaxing. After a full morning visiting the physio and then off to my last gym session for a couple of days, I came home, had lunch and had a little snooze on the recliner. That is, until Philomena shouted rather loudly into my ear..."wake up mummy!". Anthony had already cooked up a batch of Chocolate Brownies, and returned to the kitchen this afternoon to whip up a batch of Lemon Meringue Slice. Sadly, these are gifts for my mother and sister, though I have requested a brownie for tomorrow's free meal. It's really the Chocolate ganache (on the brownies) that I love. Can't wait to eat it! He did offer to make Profiteroles just for me, but I think the brownie will suffice. I doooo want to be controlled tomorrow and not go berserko.

Anyway...this afternoon I was sitting out the back patio, and it was lovely and cool, and being Christmas, just about everyone in the complex has gone away (we live in a unit complex), so it was also very, very quiet....hmmmm....lovely! It was just devine to enjoy the atmosphere and watch and listen to Philomena play on her little playground.

I was thinking what a wonderful end to the year, because I have a beautiful little girl and a wonderful husband and we live in our own home which we are really quite content in. Even if we bought another home, we'd stay here (for the moment anyway). I don't think I have felt this content for many a years. We also have very supportive family and friends who live close by, and friends here in the complex (it's a very community-minded, friendly complex of people). We are healthy and fit; we eat well; I am at my ideal weight and feel the best I have for years. And we have definite plans for the future, but on the same token, we realise that life doesn't always go exactly to plan, so we try to go with the flow and be thankful for what we have. We enjoy a simple life, but one which offers depth, variety and quality.

What more could I want?

Merry Christmas and may your Christmas be as content, peaceful, happy and cherished as ours!

Ciao...Kerry :)

2 comments:

Fifi said...

aww sounds so relaxing. I just managed to get my two buggers to bed so I can do all the secret "stuff" now. But I'm sooo sleepy. I need to set my alarm for half an hour so they will be asleep.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Frankie

Raechelle said...

Good stuff girl! Glad to hear it!
Hope your Chrissy day is just as realaxing!
Take care and have a good one!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo