Saturday, November 21

It's that Time of the Year Again!



Photo 1: Montville, Qld
Photo 2: Caloundra - aerial view
Photo 3: Me - photo by Philomena


My lordy...hasn't this year just flown by? So much has happened, it's hard to get my head around it sometimes. And yes...it's that time of the year again...our annual Beach vacation in Caloundra!


This will be either year 4 or 5 that we'll be returning to the same place...location and accommodation. The place where we are staying at is really affordable, and only 50m from the beach (Bulcock beach) and 50m from the main street of Caloundra. The spot is lovely and quiet, very family orientated (lots of parks and playgrounds) and we can walk everywhere. The walk along the beach foreshore is fantastic and winds all the way around to King's beach where we love to go for the surf. And it's oh so clean!

When the weather is great, we usually start the day with an early morning walk around to King's beach. I usuallly go for a swim in the surf, while AW and Philomena go to the playground. We all then walk back, have breakfast and head back to the beach until about 10am. We usually head back out to the beach or go rock hopping and look for little creatures in the rock pools in the afternoon until dark. In between that of course we are at the playground (usually on our walks to and from). This year, my routine will be changed slightly, as I intend to do a couple of circuits on the beach. They have this little area next to Rolling Surf resort on the beach at King's beach which has exercise equipment to do pull-ups, dips, inverted rows, etc, so I'm going to give this a go before I hit the surf. Last year, Lisa Curry-Kenny was a regular jogger along this route, so I hope I get to catch a glimpse of her again - she's very inspiring.


We always make a point of going up to Montville on one of the days, because I love it up there, and a yearly tradition is to have devonshire tea and scones at the patisserie. They make the most awesome scones with fresh cream and jam! Last year they were closed, so I can't wait for those scones...two years is a long time in-between. We also go to the Maleny Cheese Factory, where we buy our gourmet cheeses to take home to enjoy at Christmas.

Then on one other day we usually go to a theme park. We've been to Australia Zoo now just about every year, so we're having a change this year and going to Underwater World in Mooloolaba. We think Phil will enjoy it, and it's nice for us too, to have a change.


And on Monday, we're meeting up with the ever-so-enlightened Nicole at Sister cafe in Palmwoods! It's always nice to meet fellow IBO'ers face-to-face. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping Petah Lynch can make it too, though she has a hugely busy week and it's her birthday to boot.

Apart from that, I just love to potter around Caloundra and visit all the op shops (there's heaps of them). I always come home a few shades darker, my skin is glowing and I feel revitalised! We always sleep so well (we all have a nap in the afternoon before heading back to the beach) while on holiday and the time never goes quickly...it's just perfect. I just love the beach lifestyle!


Well I'd better get moving. Lots to organise (like washing and cleaning) before I head off to Southbank this afternoon to meet fellow army recruits, Helen and Vebica, who shared hell and high water with me in Kapooka. Ve has flown all the way up from Melbourne, and I'm so looking forward to catching up with both girls!

Oh...and the second photo is a 'Philomena Photographic Special'. She's getting very good at taking photos, and knows how to switch between the camera mode and the viewing mode now. Phil took this photo yesterday while I was washing the dishes.


And lastly...my weight this morning was 59.5kg, so no difference there (if you could call 100g anything). Not to worry. Only about 6 weeks now before I start some serious training for 2010 and Year of the Sexy Bitch!

Have a great week all you Sexy Bitches!

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

Looks like a super lovely spot!
What a cute pic of you!

LizN said...

Have a wonderful holiday Kerry!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a glorious vacation spot, very laid back and relaxing. Enjoy every second of it. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back Kerry.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo