Sunday, November 29

The Not So Mysterious Case of the Jelly Belly






Okay...it's not a muffin-top, but this is how I feel ATM. There's definitely a spare tyre or two there though. Funny how your perception of what you look like can be slightly warped sometimes. I probably don't look fat, but I sure as hell feel like it...lol...and if I don't pull my finger out, my jelly belly will end up looking like a muffin top! Damned if I'm gonna let that happen!

Anyway...our holidays...short and sweet and very restful (except for bloody schoolies on Thursday night...arghh...). We got lots of beach and sun time, so Phil and I are a milk chocolate colour. I got very little exercise (compared to last year) and slept heaps (during the night only though). I didn't go crazy on the food, but I didn't deny myself my usual holiday treats...hot chips (beer-battered of course), ice-cream (double scoops), scones with jam and cream, chai lattes and cake/slices.

I got in one bodyweight circuit and then spent the rest of the week in contemplation about exercise...ha..ha..ha...how slack am I?

Seriously though, I'm already planning my 2010 health and fitness goals, and I'm going to be doing things completely differently next year. With my Ideal Bodies Online nutrition program, I find I no longer need to think about my food, and it works for me. However, I'm going to fine-tune it next year, to see if I can take my fat loss to a new level and also to see how I can increase my energy levels and maintain, as my fitness increases. I'm going to try carb cycling next year and see how it goes (as I've been reading Judy's blog with interest). I mean...I've been reading about this for some time, and I think next year will be a great opportunity for me to get really serious about my fitness, and about getting and staying lean.


Okay...photos...after Miss Muffin Top, it's Phil and starfish at Underwater World (which she loved BTW). Phil got kissed by a seal (twice) and has a new friend (stuffed animal) who suspiciously looks like a seal and whom she has named Otter (after seeing the Otter show).

Next is Miss Phil and AW frolicking at Kings Beach. She had a ball, and we spent just about every morning and afternoon at either Kings Beach or Bulcock Beach. Then it's a pic of more of my beautiful roses and gardenias. This is what was waiting for me at home to enjoy when we arrived, compliments of my wonder MIL. After that is a pic of Miss Phil with her new (Vinnie special) dress, ballet shoes (as she likes to call them), new handbag (her very first one) and wearing her grandmother's pink hat. Oh, she's just growing too fast!

Lastly is a pic of myself and Nicole (photo by Miss Phil) at Sister Cafe in Palmwood. We had a great chat on Monday, and we could have chatted for hours. Nicole has some very inspiring goals for next year, and I'm really excited about where her year is heading next year, and can't wait to follow it! She looks FANTASTIC!, and as I said to her, her photos on her blog and FB were not doing her any favours, so I was happy to see her updated pics and as you can see in this photo she looks half the person she used to be - an amazing transformation and a completely different person from the one I imagined, and gleaned from her photos on the net.

Well that's it. Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to check everyone's blogs. I hope you all had a great week. It's only about 4 weeks until Christmas, and even though I'm looking forward to it, I'm more looking forward to getting moving again and starting on my new goals for 2010...The Year of the Sexy Bitch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dreaded muffin top, we all fear it. LOL!! Like you, when I gain weight I definitely don't feel as happy and healthy as I do when I'm more athletic shall we say. One step at a time one day at a time, as long as we're moving in the right direction we'll eventually get to our health and fitness goals.

Here's to 2010! :o) xxx

Rachael P said...

At least you had a FUN holiday Kerry, thats what its all about. Taking some time out is good and I am sorry to say but you have had a MASSIVE year women.... You deserve to have a little break....

Yes muffin top, OMG I discovered mine yesterday, aarrrgghh I was absolutly gobsmacked. I ahve excess skin :-0 I didnt think I would but all the ab exercises with weights has shown me my extra flab. Anyhow will blog it.

Good to see that 2010 is going to be a cheering year. Skinny bitches to all of us....

Robyn said...

Hey sexy bitch! That's one happy, gorgeous looking gal you've got there. Truly, she's just adorable.

Glad to hear you're fired up with goals for 2010.

Btw, I recognise Nicole's face from the CH seminar. Another participant pointed her out to me as a fellow IBOer, but I didn't get a chance to speak with her... the day was just so jammed packed.
I'm going to check out her blog though, and say, "Hi".

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo