Wednesday, July 22

AW's Birthday & Stuff




First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments on my post 'G.I.Warny'. It was a special weekend for me, and even though I may have sounded like I was in my element - the truth is, it was a struggle at times for me. I just sucked it up, and it's much easier when everyone is going through the same thing. And basically, there's no time to think of how uncomfortable or hard it is...you just do it. Strange thing is, you can't wait to go through it all again.

Secondly...I've been so busy and tired, I haven't had much time to catch up on blogs, so I do apologise if I haven't made any comments. I will try and catch up on them this week some time.

Okay...Aw's birthday...he turned 33, and was complaining because he was gettting older...lol...

We spent the morning at Max Brenner's chocolate restaurant/cafe at Robina. I heard about this place from Kristin, and thought hubby and Phil would love it, as they are both chocoholics. I loved the atmosphere and decor...slightly bohemiam. And chocolate in all forms everywhere (with a price tage to match!).

The first picture is what I had...Tutti-Frutti, which was Belgian waffle drizzled with milk chocolate and served with ice-cream, strawberries and bananas. It was delish, and after eating it, thought I should have got a Tutti-Frutti for two. I also had a cappucino, Max Brenner style, which is served in a cup with a lip which holds chocolate, so that it melts into the cappucino and then they drizzle melted chocolate on top of the froth. That was quite nice.

AW enjoyed his Babka which was like a cinnamon and chocolate scroll with a serve of melted chocolate on the side to pour over it. And little Miss Phil enjoyed her chocolate muffin, though it had some fancy mamsy name like...Snow Top Mountain chocolate something...basically a chocolate muffin with white icing on top and those ball bearing sprinkles on top. She also had a hot chocolate.

Sorry about the picture quality, but I can't find my camera (still!), and so had to use my camera phone.

If you haven't been to Robina Town Centre, well you will just have to visit if you love shopping! It's the first time I've been there since they've done some huge renovations, and the shops there are great. There's your mainstream ones, and then there's alot of little boutique shops with stuff you don't see anywhere else. We didn't have much time to look around the whole shopping centre, but what we did see we loved. Alot of chic cafes and restaurants (downstairs) too; playground for the kids and specialty kids stores.

I stumbled upon a Rockwear outlet, and had to go in. My gym clothes are getting quite faded and worn, so I have to start replacing the gym wardrobe. I've been thinking about buying some skorts (skirts with shorts underneath), because they're slimming; they show your legs, but aren't too tight and revealing and I still don't like anyone to see my thighs, so they are ideal. Anyway...I spotted some in Rockwear and decided to try them on and I love them! The last pic is me with a skort on, and I loved the fact that I could show off my legs. My legs have been hidden away during winter, and I didn't realise they've changed in shape. I am starting to see more definition in my quads and they look a litte bigger, so I was really excited.

So after seeing myself in a skort and liking it, I've decided I'm going to buy a couple of them. Though the only thing was, I noticed a little bit of cellulite just below my bum, which is a stubborn fat area for me, so a new goal of mine is to get a firm, hard butt and smooth thighs! Lots of leg/butt work I think will be on the agenda!

And after our little treat at Max Brenner's we visited friends in Southport and had lunch with them, which just topped off our day. And Philomena of course, had a great time and fell asleep on the way home...which for any parents who have toddlers...this is pure bliss!

Anyway...back to the gym tonight. It will be good to get back into it (though no upper body workouts ATM...wrist injury...not from the army), and after seeing myself in the skort, has provided extra motivation for me!

Have a great week!

13 comments:

Hanni said...

Omg i cant wait till comp prep over then off to Max Brenners! That looks and sounds awesome!

LizN said...

Kerry, you have awesome legs. If I hear any "I hate my thighs" comments, i'LL come and slap you.

Hugs
Liz:)

Anonymous said...

What, did you have a magnifying glass whilst looking at those pins and ya bum?? Pfffft!
Great legs by the way! ;)

Rachael P said...

Happy birthday to your hubby Kerry, hope he had a great day.

Also agree with the other ladies, your legs look really great in the skorts. Now you have given me incentive to get back in mine that I had like 12 years ago (except the skirt bit was A line). "sigh" Amazing how the fashion is coming back. And yes we are all very critical of our own appearance and well I have to say your legs look very fantastic and shaped.

Kerry W said...

thanks for dropping in on my blog Hanni. When & where's your comp? You'll enjoy Max B's. :-)

Hey...I'm just being objective...I actually do have some fat on the tops/sides of my thighs! And I didn't say I hate my thighs, I just said I'd like to work on my legs/butt. Gotta have goals to work toward girls. :-)

Heard a great one from Eleni's hubby when she said she wasn't perfect..."you may not be perfect darling, but parts of you are excellent"...he..he...what a beautiful thing to say, and I'll ditto that..."I may not be perfect (like my butt & thighs), but parts of me are excellent (I like my legs and shoulders/back)."

There...satisfied now?

Kerry W said...

Thanks Rachael...he had a nice day with 'his' girls, and thanks for the thumbs up. :-)

Fifi said...

awww, I can't get over what a little lady Miss Phil is turning into.

Oh yeah..HOT legs!!!!

Hanni said...

Hi Kerry, competing at Inba in Sept for the first time! Look forward to reading more of your blogs!
Nice to meet you : )

Kerry W said...

I'll probably see you there Hanni. Kristin will be competing at in September & probably a few others I know, so I will be going along. It'll be good to meet and say hi if we get the chance. :-)

Sandra said...

Hi Kerry,
Looks like you had a great time celebrating Hubby's birthday...Phil is sooo cute...I still remember when my two were little...
Don't mean to sound like a broken record here, but Girl, awesome legs!
So, this comp in September you're talking about, is that in Sydney or Brissy? I'm going to the Sydney one, can't wait!
Sandra xxx

Kerry W said...

Hi Sandra...thanks...yeah Phil is cute (but I'm biased). :-)

The comp I'm talking about in September is in Brissy/Gold Coast. Where is the one you're going to Hanni??? Thanks Sandra - didn't realise there was one in Sydney too. Sandra, did I read somewhere that you've got a bit of a fire going for comp??

Mightee Mouse said...

Droool!!! Waffles look fabbo! Your legs are looking great too!

Raechelle said...

mmmmmm...looks yummy!
Your thighs are are looking great!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo