Tuesday, December 29

Holy Crap!



Bracket Creep: Slowly moving into higher weight bracket as one's food intake rises to keep up with festive appetite.


Thanks to Tracey, who approached me to become her ' training buddy' to keep her accountable as she starts her new training and nutrition program. Unbeknownst to her, I am just as grateful that I too can be accountable.








Today I begin a new program to get back on track as part of Operation Sexy Bitch 2010. I did my photos this morning, my weight and measurements. If you look closely at my above photos you can see how softer I'm looking, and also the fat around my stomach, hips, and especially the thighs is quite noticable. It's amazing how quickly the fat starts to accumulate around the tummy and thighs. My boobs are feeling and looking fuller too and my measurements show a big increase in around my chest. Needless to say, I'm not liking how I'm feeling at present.



(click to enlarge)

Since mid-October when I returned from Kapooka, I've gradually put on about 5kgs. I was 57kg when I got back home. As of today I am 62.23kg! It's the largest gain I've had since I started my Ideal Bodies Online programs back in July 2008.

I'm pretty happy I'd managed to maintain my happy weight of around 58kg since January 2008. Kapooka (Army Reserve Basic Training) was the culmination of everything I'd worked towards and I was pretty exhausted. I needed a change and just wanted to rest when I got back. I also wanted a change from training hard constantly for over 12 months with small breaks in-between programs. To be honest, I was over it all. It took all of my physical and mental energy to get me that far and alot of discipline. But I'm glad I did it, and I know what I'm capable of.


So you could say that upon my return I crashed for about 3 weeks and did sweet F'All. I also ate everything in sight. I then reined in the food again for a little while. But the problem was, I hadn't defined any new major goals. I knew what I wanted, but it was floating around in my head for awhile. I've now set some goals for 2010, but as yet haven't really put any measureable goals in place, apart from a weight goal. With our beach holiday and Christmas looming I just wanted to relax, take it easy and enjoy the time away from my previous schedule. Having injuries to deal with upon my return, also made a little too easy to kick back. But there comes a time where enough is enough, and you start to get complacent with your training and your food. I've now over the complacency and need to get back into some serious training.


It's going to be a little different this time round, as physically, my training won't be as 'static'. It'll be a mixed bag, and until I've had about 6 months of Crossfit training (it will probably take this long to learn all the skills and relevant weights for lifting), the parameters of what's achievable for me as far as goals won't be able to be determined. Crossfit is like nothing I've done before, and it's not like your standard gym program where you basically plan to do the same exercises for a period of time, and then re-write the program after your results begin to plateau.


In Crossfit, you don't know what you're going to be doing from one session to the next, as the session exercises are planned by Matt (the owner of CF Brisbane). All you know is that you're going to be going as hard as you can until you feel like you're ready to puke - when you have that feeling, you know you've put everything you have into your session. Of course, I'll be recording my session results, so I will be able to make comparisons along the way of how I'm performing, depending on my results. If I've lifted heavier on deadlifts the next time I do them, then I've improved and/or increased my strength, etc, etc. If I can do a type of session, like 'Fran' and cut down my time the next time I do it, then I've improved. This is how you can tell if you're making progress. And of course, if things are becoming easier as far as my regular Army fitness assessments and PT sessions and cutting down my running times, then I know I'm getting fitter.


I also have the added challenge of not being able to go to a conventional gym. That means that on days that I'm not going to formal Crossfit sessions, then I have to be motivated enough to conduct my own training, i.e. circuits, running, martial arts, etc. It also means that on days like today (where it's pelting down rain), I have to become a little creative in order to get in a workout.

Thanks to Tracey, I will be posting my weekly results. I'll post measurements and updated photos every six weeks, as previously done with my IBO programs.

So there you have it...warts and all! I'll be reposting my goals for 'Operation Sexy Bitch 2010' on the 1st January. Have a great week everyone. :)

8 comments:

LizN said...

You'll be fine Kerry. I look at those pics and see a fit attractive woman staring back at me. We're all our harshest critics. One workout, one meal at a time.
xoxox

Hanni said...

Bring on the year of "SEXY BITCHES" We are all in this together!!! Best wishes xx

Raechelle said...

You still got some rockin shoulders and bis babe!
You'll get to your goal before you know it-you know what to do and how to do it now! Here we come 2010!

Jules said...

I'm pretty excited on jumping on board your 'Operation Sexy Bitch 2010' Challenge! It's going to be an awesome year - just you wait! Plan, put in the hard work (consistently), focus and 110% commitment = RESULTS you're after.

It was seeing workouts like 'Fran' on the CF website that made me curious about CF. "I wanna be able to do that" I said to myself. (Unassisted) chinups, (man) pushups = WOWZER in my head. One day I will be able to do them though, Kerry.

Having my major goal of climbing Mera Peak in Sep 2010 is what is propelling my sails. Without it, I am largely convinced I would have given up on this 'healthy eating and consistent training' thing. It's been over 10 weeks now that I've been consistent with my training and diet - I really feel AMAZINGL! You definitely need to identify and commit to a 'major goal.' What do you think yours will be, Kerry? A specific event?

Looking forward to following your journey.

Do you like that song 'sexy bitch'?!!

mrsw said...

yay kerry! you've started early! I better hurry up with my stats as well! 2 days to go yippee!!

Sandra said...

Go Kerry, go!
...there's gonna be so many Sexy Bitches around in 2010...Yay!
Go us!
xoxox

Kerry W said...

Yep...everyone is pretty excited! Year of the Sexy Bitches is fast approaching girls!

Frankie...I think there's a few of us who went through similar eating experiences. NO EXCUSES though come 2010!
Liz...yeah, I know. We're our own biggest critics - but if not us, then who? Gotta have something to strive for. For me, it's getting lean.
Hannah...yep, we're all in this together...SEXY BITCHES - bring it on!
Raechelle...thanks...at least that's one part (shoulders) that doesn't need alot of coaxing and gets faster results. :) Here we come...bet you're excited about comp!
Jules...sorry, haven't got around to replying to your email. I'm sure you'll come & have a look-see when you're ready. Not too sure about the comps in CF. They're pretty damned tough. I'll just be concentrating next year on learning all the skills and improving my results all-round, without injury!
Tracey...yeah...I started early. Should have dropped you an email, but I've been a bit slack with internet/emails of late. Apart from my blog, I haven't felt much like saying anything. Yep...waiting for your stats...2 days to go! :P
Sandra...you must have jumped on the net while I'm writing this. Geez...2010 is going to be the biggest, baddest, bunch of SEXY BITCHES around....lol...! ;)

Kerry W said...

he..he..jules...forget...I love that song SEXY BITCH. I've got a link to the song in my post 'SEXY BITCH'. It's 2010 theme song for me, and I play it EVERY MORNING before I start my day...lol... :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo