Sunday, December 6

OPERATION SEXY BITCH 2010!




MISSION: To achieve a high state of physical fitness (for me), and become and stay as lean as possible all year round.


A high state of level of physical fitness for me, means to have superior upper body; core; glute and quad (leg) strength and power, as well as a moderate-to-high level of muscular endurance, and a substantially increased level of aerobic fitness (than I currently have), as per the Crossfit definition of fitness.


By achieving this, my aim is to considerably decrease, if not eliminate altogether, current muscular imbalances pertaining to my RHS gluteals and multifidus muscles. I aim to achieve this and remain injury-free, by ensuring a balanced approach to my physical training, rest and recovery, as well as my nutrition.




MY GOALS:

  1. Obtain and maintain a lean 58kg throughout the year.
  2. Decrease and/or eliminate bodyfat significantly, especially around the abdominals, thighs and hips. I will go on how I look, and the feel of my clothes, rather than using BF% as a guide.
  3. To increase muscle size, concentrating on glutes and quads.
  4. To reach Level 4 in Wing Chun Kung Fu.
  5. To complete 10 full, straight 'Pull-ups' (chin above bar).
  6. To complete 50 straight 'Push-ups' (as per army standard).
  7. To run 2.4km (as per army standard), in:
  • a) 12 mins within 6 mths
  • b) 10 mins by the end of 12 mths


HOW I WILL ACHIEVE MY MISSION & GOALS:

  1. Train in Crossfit for 3 sessions per week min.
  2. Complete 1 x running session per week for time, for 2.4km
  3. Wing Chun training for 2 sessions per week min.
  4. Maintain my stretching, mobility/activation, rehab exercises as part of every training session.
  5. Maintain for the time-being, my current nutrition program for Fat-loss and/or energy, i.e. 5-6 meals p/day - low-carb and/or increased carb meals depending on energy requirments; min. 3ltrs water p/day; 1 cheat meal per week (if I choose). However, the content of my nutrition program and how it is incorporated may change during the course of the year to make further fitness gains.
  6. Use whatever visual stimulation and music to motivate and reinforce my goals, working toward my mission.
  7. Incorporate (Shaolin) Kung Fu training (1 p/w) into my schedule, once the first 3 steps have been achieved on a regular and consistent basis. This is to be self-taught and administered.



END POINTS:

  • My Goals and How I will achieve my Mission and Goals, will be reviewed at the end of June 2010 (6 months).
  • Pauline Nordin is my 'Inspirational Pin-up Girl for 2010', and is a reflection of what I would like to achieve aesthetically. I do not necessarily want to 'become' her, rather, use her example and achievements as a catalyst to achieve my own personal health and fitness goals.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is perfect! Just what I needed to read for my own purposes too - but more than that.. a perfect example of how to set goals!

love it!

Unknown said...

way to go! you've certainly inspired me to go beyond just thinking about what i want from 2010 to actually putting pen to paper and coming up with a plan.
based what you've acheived in 2009 i'm sure you'll do great things in 2010.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! *Waves* *Puts hand up* I'll have myself some of that Kerry!
Showing some solid determination there, I feel very positive about next year too....not just on health and fitness goals but our whole lives taking a positive direction! Very exciting!

Sandra said...

Gonna be some seriously Sexy Bitches on Blogland in 2010!
Loooove the goal setting.
xxx

Nicole said...

Hi Kerry !! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your goal setting is very comprehensive and measureable. I'm going to use the same format when setting my own goals, not just for fitness, but also for all my other goals for 2010.

I love it !!!

Miss Positive said...

Awesome goals Kerry, I look forward to following your journey to achieving these goals next year!

Hilary xx

Raechelle said...

Love it! Super awesome! I love how you've really laid out the goals and your plan to achieve them. I've no doubt with this plan-you will succeed and carry on!
cheers hon!

Kerry W said...

Thanks girls for all your comments, and I love it that some of you really inspired to achieve your own goals for 2010! Yes Em, you can have all of that yourself...next year we're all going to be pretty damned SEXY...I think it's going to be another big year for all of us! As you say Sandra...some seriously SEXY BITCHES IN BLOGLAND...ha..ha..ha..!

Let's nail it! :P

Jules said...

Hi Kerry
I read about 'Operation Sexy Bitch 2010' from Nicole's blog (I 'know' her from Criag Harper's blog). I'm going to jump on board too, if that's cool. While waiting to see my physio this afternoon for my neck pain, I was writing in my notebook about some "Fitness goals" for 2010. I'll discuss some specific aims with my physio (who I also do studio pilates with) and my PT - I need challenging but achieveable goals, hey.

What CrossFit gym do you go to? Or do you do it on your own? I'm in Brisbane as well. Are you northside or southside? I'm southside. I'd love to try a session one day. I'm half scared though! Looks so intense and intimidating! I forget how I came across CrossFit but I love the 'workout of the day' that they post - though am yet to attempt any.

GO TEAM!

Kerry W said...

Hi Jules...thanks for dropping by, and yeah...jump on the 'Sexy Bitch Band Wagon'. :P

Crossfit Brisbane is in Coorparoo. Just check out the link to Crossfit Brisbane, and you'll find the details on the site. Give them a call, and speak to Matt Swift if you have any trepidations. He'll encourage you to go along and take a look to see if it's what you really want.

I haven't done alot of group sessions so far, and am doing one-on-one's ATM. I'm hoping to start group sessions again in the next couple of weeks, and definitely in the New Year. Good luck & let us know how you go! :O)

Robyn said...

As one who is in the business of goal setting (tho' not always as easy to apply in my own life) and can confirm that these goals of yours, Kerry, are concrete and specific, and, as Nicole quite rightly points out, measureable! :)

Quite frankly, your goal setting is inspiring. I have no doubt you will be a sexy bitch supremo in 2010. ;)


Like Jules, I'm curious about the crossfit buso & am gonna check it out, too.

Hi five, sexy bitches 2010!!

Kerry W said...

Thanks Robyn. Let's see if I can do as well hitting my goals for 2010, as I did for 2009.

I'd be interested to know how you go with CF Robyn, if you decide to try it. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo