Sunday, March 22

Change of Seasons


"To Everything there is a season, and a time
to every purpose under the heavens"
Ecclesiastes 3

Have you noticed how the temperature has changed lately, with the awakening of Autumn?

Every year I dread the coming of winter, though I know that we don't really have a winter here in Brisbane. However, I love the seasons in-between - Autumn and Spring. They are quite different too, and it's amazing how much of a difference they make to our feelings.

What do I love about Autumn? It's surreal.

It really does have a magical quality to it, don't you think? Not only do the colours change, but the smells too, and the air feels like a light blanket - enveloping you with just a touch of warmth...comfort...serenity.

My favourite autumn past-time, especiallly on a rainy day, is to sit inside with my legs curled up on the couch, hugging with my hands a nice, soothing cuppa, and staring out through large glass windows at the world. I love watching big, beautiful trees, with all their strength and majesty, swaying gently and rhythmically - listening to the rustling of their leaves, watching the rain-drops glistening, and then dropping so gently to the ground.

Ahhhh...the bliss of gratitude and contemplation!

2 comments:

LizN said...

think we must be twins separated at birth..sounds perfect! And with a greater than average chance of rain fall we may just yet have the chance to do it more often.

Kerry W said...

Yeah Liz...I look forward to those rainy days. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo