Thursday, March 12

Lorna Jane wear...to Sell or Not to Sell?









Yesterday, I had all but decided to sell my Lorna Jane wear. I only have 3 (gym wear) pieces, and I bought them specifically for my photo shoot back in January. So they're only a couple of months old.

So why did I want to sell them? Well...to be honest, probably the main reason I wanted to sell them is because I feel a little self-conscious in them, especially wearing them in the gym... which I've only done once BTW. Self-conscious in the sense that I might look good in them. Sounds strange doesn't it? You dream of being able to wear this gear and flaunt the fact that you can wear it, and then when the day finally arrives, you feel uncomfortable because people are staring at you (especially the guys), and they're not necessarily staring at your muscles I don't think (picture doing tricep kickbacks, bent over on the bench...get my drift?).

In the context of things, it's no big deal, so why do I make such a big deal out of it? I've seen alot of women wearing alot less (in the way of material), and showing alot more (in the way of flesh), and they didn't necessarily have Elle Macpherson's body type...ya know?...muffin tops, cellulite city wearing white lycra tights with g-strings and sporting legs like tree trunks (not being horrible or anything, but it's true!), etc...ya know?...stuff you see and you just shake your head and ask yourself "why?".

So there...that's how I feel about it.

Anyway...asked my hubby to take pics this morning so I could post my LJ gear up on the blog and forum to see if I could sell them, as I didn't think I'd have any trouble selling them. When I told him why I wanted the pics taken he asked why was I selling them. I told him, and you know what he said (to my surprise)..."Kerry, why don't you wear it to the gym? I've seen other women in worse gear (he has a hard time sometimes speaking in the positive). What are you worried about?" To which I replied, "Doesn't it worry you that I could be wearing this stuff and the guys are looking at my butt?". To which he replied, "No...I'm not at the gym while you're training. And besides, you wear short skirts out in public and I don't worry about that, do I?" (he personally likes seeing me in my short denim skirt).

So...I've decided NOT TO SELL (sorry, anybody who was ringing their hands in anticipation, cause I was going to sell them at 50% off!). So inspired was I by hubby's comments (he added some more positive comments which I can't repeat), that I've decided to wear my LJ gear tonight! Not such a sweaty session - upper body and a little cardio.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

P.S. I won't be the wearing the crop top to the gym, unless it's under a shirt.








9 comments:

LizN said...

I'm glad you're not selling your LJ Kerry - I wear stuff like that to the gym often - a long top and capris and here at FF it's pretty standard fare. but I must admit after losing a bucket of weight I couldn't believe at THAT girl staring back at me in the mirror..ME.

xox

Kerry W said...

Yeah Liz...a bit scary isn't it? (staring back at THAT girl in the mirror). :)

I should have added, that I probably need to get over myself..ha...ha..lol...

Fifi said...

You've worked hard for that gorgeous body Kerry. Don't feel awkward. But it is a personal thing though, how much you choose to expose.

Now if it was ME with the body..well ya know how I am!!!

Rachael P said...

Kerry you looked fantastic in that gear, good to hear your not selling them. I totally understand the conscious thing too. You know when I was starting to look a little toned on my arms, I decided I was going to wear tank tops because it was less sweaty, and well after the relentless stares I freaked out and never worn them again. Now with me I was conscious of my BIG butt sticking out too much and being the laughing matter of the gym amongst skinny babes in little pants. So I know what your saying there. But there is a difference you LOOK ABSOLUTLY GREAT in them and any wonder your hubby wants you to keep them.

;-)
Rach

Rachael P said...

Oh and a little one for Frankie, yep I couldnt imagine you wearing long pants or long top he he he. Would be right up your alley girl to wear a little less LOL heh he he

Kerry W said...

Thanks Frankie & Rach...can always depend on you for words of encouragement. :)

Rach...I definitely know how you feel about the arms and butt. before I lost the weight I was always so careful of covering up, and making sure nobody could see any cellulite lumps on my legs. The horrible part was when you went to buy clothes and caught a glimpse of the 'real you' in the mirror. Gawd I hate those department store mirrors, giving you an eyeful from all directions...lol...

And yeah Frankie...we know if it was YOU, how you would be...FLAUNTING IT BIG TIME NO DOUBT! He..he.. :)

Raechelle said...

Hell yeah! Show that shit off girl! and kudos to hubby for realising you have a right to show it off ;-)

Magda said...

Hi Kerry, just thought I's stop by and say hello. You look great in your LJ gear and I'd be strutting my body around BIG TIME after an achievement like yours.

Cheers

Magda

Kerry W said...

Thanks Raechelle...I felt great at the gym in my LJ gear and realise I'm probably more self-conscious than needs be...lol...

Thanks for dropping in and saying Hi Magda. I've seen your name around a bit in blogland and really admire you figure comp gals!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo