Sunday, March 1

Goals Revisited



I've just had a look at my Goals & Aspirations for 2009 to remind myself of what I want to achieve this year. As I said in my earlier post, sometimes we lose sight of what why we start things, when momentum starts to carry us along a little too quickly and suddenly find ourselves getting caught in the cogs of our aspiration wheel.

I realised when I re-read the goals, that I didn't have down that I wanted 'legs' like Valerie Vaughan (whose picture is above and is also my 'Total Package' inspiration). I want my quads to flare out just like hers.




(Don't mind these quads either)


Recently, I was talking to CarolynG (thanks for answering my questions!), and she talked about what it is like when you've successfully completed a few (or more) programs, and you've lost the weight, you've done comp and been the leanest you've ever been...you've done this and that...where do you go from there? And as I've been talking about, you get a little lost along the way.

So what do you do to take control again - to regain your focus?...YOU CREATE ANOTHER GOAL TO STRIVE FOR...YOU RE-FOCUS...YOU RE-MOTIVATE (if that's a word). Or in my case...you re-visit your goals, but maybe see them in a different light - put another slant on it. A slant that is profound and deeply resonates within you, in such a way that it permeates your whole being and carries you forward with a new passion and determination.

And I'm going to leave you with this quote from Craig Harper's recent post, which I think I'm going to add as a permanent quote...

"If you wanna play like a freak, train like a freak."

Ciao for now...Kerry :)


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Kerry.. Thanks for your honesty. You are so right. We just get...lost...in our goals. And I, like you have had my head in the wrong space due to overthinking situations and filling it up with too much "stuff". I have been a little concerned about appearing "obsessed" with my fitness and training, that I've been allowing other stuff to creep in. Thanks for reminding me to revisit and re-establish the goals I set for myself. Who cares if nobody else gets why I'm doing what I'm doing !!!!!!

Kerry W said...

No worries about the reminder. We all need them from tim-to-time. BTW...I can't read your blog! :( For some strange reason, everytime I get the page up, an error comes up on the screen and it throws me off your page. Only happens with yours! Are you having any problems with your blog??

Robyn said...

Hi there Kerry. I've finally got a blog up and running. Your "Goals Revisited" post is timely one as far as I'm concerned. I need to apply this to my biggest vice (which I blogged about but won't shame myself by mentioning here ;). Re that vice, your post reminds me, that I need to set a goal & darn well strive for it. I'm finding it interesting how during this first 12 week program I'm discovering that it's not nutrition & exercise that need to be my primary targets for change, but other, unsavoury crutches that I been leaning on when the shit hits the fan, and shouldn't.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo