Tuesday, March 24

Tabata...You Rock!

Free Orkut and My Space You Rock Graphics Glitters



Well tonight I am just jumping out of my skin again!

I haven't felt this pumped for awhile. There's even a hint of that original, psycho, bull-dog, flesh ripping tenacity of old. And I'm not even taking any fat loss supplements! So of course, I'm sooo excited, I hope I can get to sleep.

Tried my first Tabata training session tonight. I asked for a taste of it, after reading about Sue and Kristin's experiences. I'd recommend it to anyone - IT ROCKS! Got my heart rate up to 182 BPM, which is around the 95% of maximum heart rate for me. A first...woohoo! Was just a little shagged afterwards, but it felt great to be in the zone.

The most relishing part is that I will only get fitter from here, and that's what makes this whole journey so exciting. To know that you'll only get better, stronger, fitter and that there are so many ways to achieve the fitness you want - it's so awe-inspiring.

I just love the programs Kristin writes. She continually surprises and delights me with what she comes up with. I get alot of comments at the gym about the different stuff I do, cause everybody else just does the same old things, day-in-day-out. They're always trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing - it's great to keep people guessing - I love that!

Have a great week! :)



5 comments:

KRISTIN said...

Awwww shucks... thanks Kerry! Really glad you enjoy it all so much and great to hear you loved the Tabata :)

Petah said...

Hi Kerry, So glad to see you are back to your old pumped self. What the hell is Tabata??
Petah

Kerry W said...

U R welcome Kristin. :)

Petah...can you leave me with that one. Think I'd like to do a post on it. But just roughly...this is from the link Kristin sent for one of the exercises, which should give you a jist...

"Tabata is the name of a Japanese researcher who discovered an interesting way to increase both anaerobic and aerobic pathways at the same time. It's one of those strange training programs that seems to fit across disciplines: it's excellent for bicyclists, speed skaters, Olympic lifters, or the person looking to lose fat quickly.

This training method is so simple, yet so incredibly difficult, that athletes tend to try it once, acknowledge its greatness, and then vow to never speak its name again. What is it? It's simple: take one exercise and perform it in the following manner:

1) For twenty seconds, do as many repetitions as possible.

2) Rest for ten seconds

3) Repeat seven more times!

That's it! You're done in four minutes! Oh, and that thing you're trying to brush off your face? That would be the floor.

Eight sets of "as many reps as you can get done," followed with a brief ten second rest— simple and effective. The two best exercise options for the Tabata method are the front squats and the "thruster," which I'll describe in a bit. "

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

Petah said...

Kerry,
I saw the thruster on the link from the newsletter Sue emails out.....holy crap it looked deadly.
Thanks for the info.
The only problem is I am still unable to squat. So I am off the hook!!
I am so in need of a kick up the butt can't seem to pull it all together, need to find a balance but want results now. I am sure you know where I am coming from.
Thanks
Petah

Kerry W said...

Yeah Petah...though I can't suggest anything that hasn't already been suggested via forum. Maybe you Sunshine Coast gals need to get together for a 'mutual butt kicking session' with some inspiration from Michaela. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo