Saturday, March 7

Great to be Alive!

Well what a busy week! I've actually achieved quite a bit this week, both on the exercise front and personally, getting some things accomplished.

So today, I'm officially KNACKERED!

Physically, it's been a very big week. Not just in relation to my workouts, but in addition, with all the extra walking and activity I do as part of my normal routine. And I'm happy to say (even though bleary-eyed at present), that I've weathered it quite well, and am happy with how my body is recovering. I am sore and tired, but very, very happy and content.

You see, I went to training this morning feeling smashed and tossing up on whether to do my beep test. Once I started my weights session, I felt much better and thought..."what the hey?"...and realised that this happened the last time I did the test - feeling smashed before starting.

Anyways...I threw myself into it, and not only did I reach level 7.5 without so much as a sweat, but decided to keep going and reached level 10! Of course, by then I was raising quite a sweat, and was happy to find that my BPM at about 90% of my maximum heart rate. Last time, I swear it got to this by level 7.5 (I didn't use my HR monitor the first time). So today I am definitely one happy camper!

Hope you had a great weekend and ciao for now...Kerry :)

8 comments:

Fifi said...

That's fantastic Kerry! I've got a copy of the beep test too and I plan to start working on that around July. We do tests on grass and soft sand next year so need to get my fitness WAY up. TEN is awesome. That's better than all the young things at uni. Not many of the girls got past 9.

Kerry W said...

Really Frankie? (not getting past 9?)...I find that hard to believe!

Kerry W said...

Oh! Found out too from one of the other gym employeess that Alby (hot boy) at the gym got to level 15! I'm going to miss him - he's going to NZ in April. :( He's been such a help to me and very supportive and encouraging me all the way through my programs.

Anyway...you'll do fine with the beep test if you build up to it. I think that is the key, and pacing yourself, so you know how to build the speed. Doing the test on soft sand would be an excellent way to build up your fitness!

Fifi said...

Yep Kerry, the highest girl on the couple of days I've watched it was around 9. The highest guy was 14.3 or something.

Yeah I want to start training on the sand down at the river. It will be a while though before I start. The main lecturer wrote his PhD on the different in VO2 max of running on grass or soft sand so he gets his students every year to do it *shudder*

Rachael P said...

Hi girls,

Beep test, arrrgghh I hate that thing, I dont think I got passed 4 or 5 when I did it, I was absolutly smashed. But I was watching it on the tv last week on the biggest looser and was thinking geez I would love to give it ago again. Frankie, have you got a copy on CD??? Or do you know of anywhere that I might be able to get my hands on it??? I would like to try it at the beach, I reckon that would be an absolute blast, massive way to get the heart rate up. Sand hhhhmmmm love how it works you really hard.

So Kerry you did fabulous on that, how long did it take you to get to 10?????

Rach

Kerry W said...

I didn't time it Rach, I measured my heart rate BPM, to see how hard I was working. Got to about 90-95% of max. HR by then, so decided to stop.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your last few posts - you have done some big thinking lately!

It's always so useful to read such honest posts, i think it helps us all - so I appreciate you blogging that stuff.

BTW - beep test! *Shudder* Scary! But sounds like you did an awesome job! WOO!

Fifi said...

Rachael it was just a file on the PC and some instructions. I will try and find where I have put it and send it to you. Then you can just put it in your mp3 player or burn to disc

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo