Friday, August 7

About Little Miss Phil








This week AW has been away up in Nth Qld, so that means I've had the car. It happens about every 3 months, and it's great having a car for five days. The only problem is...there's so much to do to try and fit in things we don't normally get the opportunity to do. I also need to fit in training, so half the day is lost to that. Though the day Anthony gets back, I usually go back to my normal night training schedule.

This week has just been lovely with little Miss Phil. She enjoys the creche at the gym when I go training, so it makes it much easier and less stressful. The weather has been beautiful during the days and we've enjoyed that. Today is our last day of freedom with a car before we have to pick up AW. The weather is gorgeous once again, so I think I'll take Phil to the big park and we'll kick around with the soccer ball, and she can play on all the playground stuff too.

I love this change in routine, as I don't have to train at night, so it leaves me with that special time before bed that I normally miss during the week nights. And with AW not being here, it's lovely and quiet (no TV at night). Philomena has also requested my presence in her warm and snuggly bed in the early hours of the morning (which is a little squeezy), and we've been waking at about 8am most mornings....ahhhh...devine!

Once Phil is in bed, then it's ME time! Apart from spending a little time on the computer, I've been watching DVD's which is a real treat for me.

I've also made more of an effort this week to take my time and really observe Philomena and be in the moment. It's just so lovely and it never ceases to amaze me how strong my feelings are, and my bond is with my little girl. If I ever had to make a decision in a life or death situation, I know that I would not hesitate for one millisecond if I had to give my life for hers...and death isn't one of those things I haven't come to grips with fully yet.

I have never been a person who got all clucky over children, but it's fascinating to find that when you have your own, the motherly instinct kicks in, in a really huge way.

Philomena is a little over 3yrs old now, and it's a really wonderful age. They're still cute, but now they start to become so engaging. Phil is a real talker and has a good grasp of vocabulary, but it's cute, because she still can't pronounce words like 'Billie' (her grandmothers name...yes, her grandmother likes Phil to call her Billie - it's a family tradition). Instead she says Biwwie.

So I've attached a little video (hope it works) at bedtime. She loves to have books read to her before bed at 8pm, and some of the stories she knows the words, and delights in saying them herself. It's special times like these that I love, and the most special is seeing her asleep.

I've also included a couple of photos of Philomena doing her poses. Kids just love to copy. It's really cute, especially when they pick up on good habits. Fortunately, Philomena loves good food. Her favourite is cheese, cucumber (cumber in Phil language), capsicum (catsicun), tomato (mato), and carrot (cawwot). She also copies me when I do my stretches, which she calls 'exercises'. We were out last week and made a new little friend, and they got chatting and Philomena starts doing these 'exercises' on the floor, and says to her little friend..."these are exercises my mummy does"...he...he...just gotta love it! It's nice to know that I'm laying down some healthy foundations for her while she's little.

And to finish off...last night talking to AW (which I didn't get a word in edgeways, mind you), Philomena was telling daddy all about her day, and saying her goodbyes, she always finishes with 'a kiss, a peck, a lip-smackers, and a hug' (she does this to the phone) for daddy. And the last things she said to him was...."I love you so much Daddy!" (I wuv you so much Daddy).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Miss Phil is just so lovely! So cute. Kids really are so special.
Great post Kerry.

Sandra said...

Kerry....awwww, she is sooo precious, Thanks for sharing.
I remember Miss Maddie (now 13) doing the bicep pose and that one where you point one arm and curl the other...don't know what it's called, but she copied it from an Arnold book...now she thinks female figure athletes look "scary"...
These moments are so precious, but you'll never forget them...must post some photos of my gorgeous ones...
xxx

LizN said...

Yes, I had a couple of figure posers in my day. Now they don't think I'm too cool at all!

Fifi said...

he he..I love the little head movements and the eyes shut..like a rockstar LOL! hahah..very cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so not kid friendly - but I gotta tell you - this brought a huge smile to my face. She's a sassy one.

I'm so glad that you have been able to spend some special time with her and of course, by yourself. So important!

xo

Kerry W said...

Thanks all for your lovely comments about Phil. She is a cutie and she also has a beautiful, friendly nature. Though she is stubborn as, like her father ;). She is an Aries after all! Yes, kids are so special and precious, and so I will enjoy Phil before she doesn't think I'm too cool. :)

Rachael P said...

Very cute and beautiful daughter you have raised Kerry. You should well I know you are very proud of her. Time goes by very quickly and making the most of the moments we do have with our little ones while they are under 5 is just delightful. And yes at 3 they are just full of energy and excitement and it is wonderful and amazing at what they learn from here on in. Giant leaps and bounds actually and in 6 months time she will be totally different, of course copying MUM with what ever you do he he ;-)

Raechelle said...

Very sweet post!

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo