Monday, August 3

Looking Back...Moving Forward...Taking it to the Next Level...





*Click to enlarge images

Above are my results for my 4th and final Ideal Bodies Online program. Not exactly how I wanted to end, weight-wise, but hey...no big deal. A couple more weeks of clean eating and increasing my training should see me back to my happy weight of 58kg. As you can see by the table, there was alot of fluctuation in this program. An indication of how my life has been the last 3 months, and all the changes (mainly in the last 8 weeks). But...shit happens, and you've just got to look back, figure out why, and try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Some things you can't alter the course of, so it's a matter of dealing with it, re-adjusting to get back to base, and continuing on with your goals where you last left off.

For my after photos, I thought I'd do something a little different, and a bit more fun. After looking at Kristin's posing pic, I thought I'd try it. I realised afterwards that I really suck at posing, and that it's harder than it looks (I also have spastic fingers...they're hyper-mobile and I can't straighten them when flexed). So to all you figure comp girls...I tip my hat to you, because you make it look easy!

As soon I did these and had a look at them, I started to critique myself (as you do). My real bug-bear is my tummy. I noticed a bit of loose skin in the side tricep shot. Nothing much I can do about this unless I have a tummy tuck. And with the extra weight I'm carrying...yep...you guessed it...straight to my butt, thighs and lower abs. This is something I've come to accept, and that I need to work extra hard it to keep the fat off these problem areas. The next year I'll be working more on my abs, thighs and butt in an effort to make them more defined.

I suppose that's what keeps us going...a goal..a pursuit, regardless of how elusive it seems - that's what makes it so much fun. It's the challenges and the ideal that we'll reach that goal to have a better set of something. Whatever it is, we all want to have better...legs, shoulders, thighs, abs. It's all in the striving and that's what personally keeps me motivated. Of course, the fitness side of things is always uppermost in my mind, but I am always striving to improve how my body looks.

I'm already thinking about summer, and what swimmers I'll be wearing. I'm very conscious about my tummy and the loose skin, so I've been looking for something that's going to show off my back and shoulders, but hide most of my tummy, especially the bottom bit. I've discovered Monokinis. That's what I'm going to be wearing this summer.

As far as moving forward and taking it to the next level - that's what's happening over the next two months before I go to Kapooka. I start at Crossfit at the end of August, and will probably start back at formal Wing Chun training the following week. So I've my work cut out for me in the planning of my training, as I still need to work in my new physio rehab exercises for my wrist and achilles tendon, as well as maintaining my current ones for my multifidus and RHS glutes. I also need to up the intensity in my training, and start preparing for Wing Chun, i.e. revise the syllabus so I don't feel like a total nincompoop when I start back there. And I still have to keep in mind the training preparation for my military training at the Army Recruit Training Centre in Kapooka, which is tentatively booked for start of October.

Well that's about it...had a great legs workout this morning (I just love doing BB squats), and my motivation is high! Have a great week all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, great results! And I love your future figure competitor helping you out. Everyone needs a coach! ;p

I don't doubt for a second that you will indeed be taking it to the next level - your plans sound great and I bet you'll totally rock the Monokini :))

Anonymous said...

Our bodies don't define who we are it's just where we live. At the end of the day we can always renovate. Irrespective of what your results say I think you look great Kerry. :o) xxx

Sandra said...

Kerry,
I'm so glad we went through your last 12 weeks of IBO together, it's been a pleasure getting to know you, you are such an inspiring woman!
Wow! You look awesome, and Miss Phil is just too cute for words :-)
I will be doing another IBO program and will pinch your idea of a spreadsheet to track my progress.
xxx

Nicole said...

Kerry. I am so inspired by you. Your results over a year are amazing and are testimony to your dedication and commitment. Well done. You look amazing !!!! xxx

Kerry W said...

Yeah Jude...Kristin has been a fantastic feedback coach. I shed a tear to the end of one road for me.

Yes...so true Lia - I love the idea of renovating, and thanks for the lovely comments.

Hey Sandra...been a pleasure having you along, and also sharing your 1st IBO journey. Glad to hear you're going for round 2. I think you'll be pleased with your decision. As far as the spreadsheet...pinch away!

Nicole...it makes me feel good to know that I can inspire. It's more inspiring to know that your efforts can have a positive ripple effect. Thanks and I look forward to reading about your continued progress and your own inspirational journey! I hope to maybe catch up with you in November when we're in Caloundra for our yearly holidays. Last year we had coffee with Petah in Palmwoods at the organic cafe, and we really enjoyed the coffee, and hubby and Phil enjoyed the chocolate brownies made with almond meal (as well as the great company too, of course). I am definitely trying a slice of that this time round!

Raechelle said...

Great shots hon! And fab attitude...that's what it's really all about, to just keep challenging oneself...good on ya!

Anonymous said...

Kerry, hehehe I love how Philomena is in that shot. You look great!
I can't wait to see how you go in the next phase of your fitness. Bring it on!!

Kerry W said...

Yes Raechelle...challenging oneself is what it is all about. Keeps us young and excited about life!

Em...yeah...Phil wanted me to take some other 'posing' shots of her...so cute...and then she wanted to have her stuffed animals pose too...lol...
I can't wait to see how I go in the next phase either...BRING IT ON! :P

Miss Positive said...

Oh I love your photos Kerry, looking great!!! Love the little posing helper you've got there!

Sounds like you've got some big things planned for the coming months!

Hilary xx

SeLiNa said...

Wowsers - that's one hot chick!! You've got a fair whack of muscle on you - you sure you don't wanna one day step on stage in hooker heels? ;) Never say never... (Las May in Brisbane when I watched Carolyn compete I swore I would never ever compete, and oops, one year later I was up there!! tee hee hee) And your poses aren't bad - it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks hey!!!
Go girl!

Kerry W said...

Thanks Hilary. Yes...great little poser she is...and toddlers are also great at copying everything you do (and say!). Something to keep in mind when tic tac arrives!

Thanks Selina. Yes, I've said I'm not interested in competing, but like you say...never say never! Who knows what next year will bring. :-)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo