Tuesday, August 25

Feeling 'Meh' & Outer Personality


Thanks for your comments and words of support. They really mean alot to me. It's definitely different here in blogland. You can say whatever you want without fear of judgement.

I am feeling better today. Just a little numb. I'm standing at the crossroads. My first Crossfit session is tomorrow night; I've put off my martial arts training session until Saturday or Monday (I needed to be here last night); and I leave in Kapooka in 16 days. Things were pretty rosy until yesterday when the shit hit the fan the previous night. Now I have a husband who needs me right now, and it's kind of thrown me. I'm just going with the flow and I'll allow AW to come along at his own pace. For now, I'm just keeping a low profile and doing what I need to do. I haven't put aside my own needs totally though, and will continue to push through with my fitness plans and goals. I need to keep on track with this leading up to Kapooka, so it's important I stay focused.

My weekend soldiering was more physical than I thought it would be. There was alot of walking, and scrambling over a whole day and into the night. I quite enjoyed it, until I had to lead for the night navigating. I found this quite daunting. It's quite scary when you can't see anything in the dark. I was afraid I was going to fall into a hole (and there were plenty around), or step on a snake or small animal. And navigating through lantana is hard going. But I pushed through my fear and we made it back to camp. Upon our return to Enoggera on Sunday, we had to sit a theory exam on navigating, which I passed, and spent the rest of a long hot day unloading trucks and washing and cleaning camo tents and tarpaulins, and generally lifting heavy shit. All in all, I enjoyed the weekend, but couldn't wait to get home and have a shower. Boy, was I rife! Mind you, I hadn't showered since Friday, and with all that sweating, well, you can imagine how good I smelt (NOT)!

Last Friday morning, which was my last gym training session, I took the opportunity to do a beep test, and was dreading doing it, since it had been a long time. I was pleasantly surprised to find that level 7.5 was quite comfortable! So I just need to maintain this until Kapooka.

Now continuing on with the numerology stuff... Outer Personality...the person you want others to see you as, and not necessarily who you are. It is the image we present and what is expected of us because of the 'face' we put on.

"This person will present themselves as a leader, very independent and capable. Underneath they may not be too sure of what they are doing but because of the image they present, a lot will be expected of them. They are full of new ideas and plans for those around them. Responsibility is a part the plan in their every day life when they many not want that at all.

They appear to be aggressive and dominant whilst this is the image they present to cover for any uncertainties.

They dress well and like to be the first in fashion. They like to look unique and unusual."

Well...the only thing I don't agree on is being the first in fashion.

Again, thanks everyone for your words of support. I'm still not up to reading all blogs or leaving comments. I'll get around to it when I'm feeling a little less numb.

Ciao for now...Kerry :-)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Kerry. I'm sensing that you are entering into a whole new phase of your journey. Be strong and just know that where ever you are is where you are meant to be. There seems to be a lot of unrest in general with a lot of people at the moment. Be in allowance and live in the moment. BTW, have you read "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" ?? If not, I reckon you would like it :)

Kerry W said...

Thanks Nicole. Yes, I'm entering a whole new phase, hence the uncertainty, but I'm not afraid. I can't wait to get started actually. Yes, I've read 'way of the peaceful warrior', and 'sacred journey of the peaceful warrior', as well as 'no ordinary moments' (which I derived the title of my blog). It's been a while...maybe a refresh might be good. I also sense the general unrest with people.

LizN said...

Hi Kerry,
I didn't see your post regarding AW - I am sorry to hear that he's not feeling the greatest. I have had a couple of major depressive episodes, so understand where you're coming from.
Hang in there,
Hugs
Liz;)

Fifi said...

Hi Kerry. I'm sorry I haven't been here when you've been down :o(

But I'm here now so sending you hugs and know that I am behind you and support you no matter what.

Letting people work through things at their own pace and sometimes adjusting your pace to suit isn't a bad thing. Hope things improve with AW (although didn't read the wholes story as I've been only sporadically on here).

I'm convinced it's the planets..there's major stuff going on and it's affecting a lot of people.

Kerry W said...

Thanks Liz. I wish I could understand a bit more about depression. It's a bit like having a child...it's difficult to really understand unless you've been through it. And I've never had to deal with it this close to me before (apart from my sister).

You don't have to apologise Frankie. I'm definitely with you on the planets...something is definitely 'not right' amongst the universe ATM.

Nicole said...

Kerry, don't forget to check out the Beyond Blue website, there's lots of info about depression and resources available. There are tips and advice on what to do and say when dealing with a sufferer of depression. And remember that it is just as important for you, being so close, to get a good support network around you as well.... xx

Kerry W said...

thanks Nicole...I have a fellow FB'er who has joined the group 'beyond blue', so I am aware of that and will check it out. Thanks for thinking of me.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo