Tuesday, January 12

Week 2 Weigh-in & Ramblings


First of all...today's Weigh-in...60.6kg...1.2kg loss. 2.6kg more to hit my happy weight of 58kg.

I'm very happy with this. I've been back on track with my nutrition. I haven't been anal either about every morsel of food. I'm still going out and seeing friends, and if I've been eating out I'm making sensible choices...Saturday I had a lovely big greek salad with grilled chicken...olives and fetta, which are not on my normal plan, and I enjoyed it. And I'm still having my Chai Lattes too (only when coffeeing or eating out with friends). Apart from those little indiscretions, it's all on track. My hunger pains are no longer (unless it's any more than 2 & 2.5 hrs in-between meals), and I'm not feeling bloated. I've increased my fish oil intake as an experiment. I upped it when my hip was sore. It's no longer sore, but I've still been taking increased doses. I've also been having extra (good) fats on days where I'm training (except Wing Chun days), and carbs in Meal 4. At present, my exertion level isn't high, so I'm skipping meal 6 because I just don't need it at present.

All-in-all, I'm pretty happy and just cruising along. My exercise intensity is slowly increasing, though had hiccups with the RHS hip and straining my neck muscles last week. So...in spite of the very slow start, I'm still losing weight. It's satisfying to know that I'm following a (Ideal Bodies Online) nutrition plan that is conducive to both fat loss and my health.

I have been doing alot of reading on types of nutrition plans though, as I want to experiment a bit this year in my pursuit of getting and staying lean. I'm not a person who is 'strictly this' or 'strictly that'. I like to try different things to see how they work, and then I'll take the best of it and alter it to suit me. Crossfit Brisbane owner and trainer, Matt, follows and recommends the Paleo Diet (those who know Matt will know how dedicated he is to Crossfit training, and how ripped he is...he walks his talk). So I'm checking that out at the moment and I like what I'm reading, which is 'The Paleo Diet for Athletes' by Loren Cordain, PhD and Joe Friel, MS. I bought it from LizN who's been offloading books in preparation for house moving.

Okay...need to get moving now! We're off to Musical Theatre for kids this morning at the State Library. I can't wait to take Philomena to more plays and shows. This morning we're going to see Nadia's Wish. The write-up describes it like this..."Nadia, a colourful singing gypsy, wishes her best friend Marcello Mozzarella a safe return from his world adventures. Drop by and be scooped up in a delicious patchwork of homespun songs, stories and good ol' fashioned musical fun."

I'm really looking forward to it and then we're meeting an old school friend and her little girl for a picnic lunch and some playtime for the girls. Geez...look at the time! Gotta go...bye.

7 comments:

KRISTIN said...

yay! go Kerry! the sexy bitch is on the move! keep up the awesome work! it's nice when you can maintain that balance, lose weight but still enjoy some freebies here and there! i've been doing the same and it sure feels good :)

Hanni said...

Sounds like your going full steam ahead chicky babe nice work so happy for you! Bring on the year of SEXY BITCHES hehe!

Kerry W said...

Still feeling like a turtle girls. Nowhere near the amount of exercise I was getting last year, or the intensity, but that will come gradually.

Robyn said...

Kerry, you're so tough on me these days. Ouch! Still, I refuse to relinquish the acceptance of my own reality, as acceptance is the platform upon which all change is launched.

:P *the finger*

Kerry W said...

Robyn...it's your party and you can cry if you want to. :P

Anonymous said...

yes but sometimes being slowly and surely means you stay on track for longer! keep at it - less can sometimes be more in the long run. As long as you're doing it xo

Blogger said...

Are You Having Trouble STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

Want to eat healthy delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Download your amazing Paleohacks Cookbook.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo