Monday, January 18

Weekend Ramblings










No, it's not an audition for Priscilla Queen of the Desert! These are a few pics of me dressed up for my girlfriends 50th birthday bash, which also happened to be a 60's & 70's revival party.






I had a great night and actually let my hair down (or up and out as you can see). Cheryl had a fantastic night herself, and after all the dramas (health scares - she was rushed to hospital on Christmas day, funeral, etc) of the last couple of weeks for her, it was good to see her really enjoying herself. We threw in a bit of something different and asked the guests to bring as a surprise, something 'naughty' for not only our amusement, but Cheryl's.


I thought I did rather well on the costume. I bought my dress for $20 bucks at Vinnies in West End and found my boots at the Salvos for $5 bucks! (one of the guests offered me $10 bucks for my boots...she has a shoe fetish). I got my tights at Myer on special for $14 bucks for 3. And I got my GAWWWJUS eyelashes at a cosmetics plus where I also got my jewellry and accessories. In fact...my eyelashes were SO GAWWWJUS that everybody commented on them and wanted to know where I got them. Cheryl's scrapbooking friends went into a tizzy over them and decided they are now holding a 'GAWWWJUS EYELASH' (or something like that...lol...) theme at their next scrapbooking night. And my fab make-up was done by my girlfriend who did my face for my photo shoot. She knew exactly what I wanted and didn't disappoint. Oh! And the hair is mine! ;)


(Chery's family, less Cheryl)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT - freaken fabulous dahlink!
Awesome to see you having a fun time too! Well done! el cheapo!

Robyn said...

You look awesome, Kerry. I can see why the scrapbookers want an eyelash theme for their next meeting. I mean, seriously, you're now the poster curl for shit-hot eyelashes. I nearly feel off my bed (yep, reading blogs by lamp light, all tucked in) when I read that those fabulous curls are yours. You hide them under a bushell, naughty girl, and they're adorable!

Fifi said...

haha you look awesome Kerry. I'm right clicking and saving into my Kerry file...yes very stalkerish I know !

LizN said...

You look awesome Kerry. I'm jealous of your eye lashes!

Miss Positive said...

Looks like you had an awesome time, and you looked great! I love the eyelashes too!

Hilary xx

mrsw said...

well done! great costume !

Dianna Broeren said...

Dress up parties are SO much fun! You look very Austin Powers!

Kerry W said...

Thanks girls! I had alot of fun. You too can have those eyelashes. There's all soughts. Just remember to get someone else to put them on!

Oh Robyn...yes I hide those curls, and usually have product in them to keep them tidy and keep the curls tight. If I went a la naturale, I'd freak too many people out. :P

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo