Wednesday, February 11

40th Birthday Celebrations





What a big week it's been! I've been so busy, and with such a full weekend, it left little time for cleaning, washing and shopping. Hubby had a busy day on Monday, was late home and had to leave early for Warwick the next morning, so it was finished off with a late night at the gym, followed by shopping (which I just made in the nick of time), and home to prepare meals 5 and 6, which were consumed at 9:30pm and 10pm respectively! Went to bed exhausted, and with a very full belly, as I couldn't hang out any longer, and hit the sack at about 10:30pm. Prior to that, I didn't get home until 7pm on Sunday, so the shops were shut, and there was no food in the fridge! I just scraped in with my meals on Monday, let me tell ya!

Anyway...the weekend? FABULOUS! The top picky is us just before leaving Brisbane. The second is the view from our balcony, overlooking Kings Beach, and the third pic is Friday night's meal...grilled salmon and salad with poppyseed and honey mustard dressing, accompanied by fresh paw paw with mango dressing...yummmy!

I will share more pics when I get them from my girlfriends. Friday night dinner just wasn't complete until the girls dressed me up in a tiara, purple boa and dazzling sunglasses encrusted with purple and variously coloured glitter, before embarking on our birthday dinner. Picture 'Priscilla - Queen of the Desert', and that will give you a rough idea of what I looked like! There were plenty of strange looks to be had.

The weather was just perfect! I can't believe our luck. Had a late night Friday night, and after wearily watching the DVD, 'The Holiday' and drooling over Jude Law, and saying how georgeous Cameron Diaz is, I hit the sack at about 1am. Meanwhile, a couple of the gals were making alot of noise in the main BR, hitting some terrible notes on 'Songstar'. So we just turned up the volume...he...he...

I woke up at 5am (would you believe...gosh I hate that), and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go for a brisk walk around to Bulcock beach and back, followed by a refreshing swim in the surf. Did that the next morning too, and made the most of the sun and surf. I could definitely live by the coast - the lifestyle is so bohemian!

There was alot of fun to be had by all...shopping and lunch in Montville...shopping and lunch in Caloundra...alot of cocktails consumed (by the girls)...a new wine for me - Brown Brothers Zebbebo - very nice with tropical fruit juice...more food...swimming...alot of chatting (as we do)...more shopping at the Caloundra markets on Sunday morning, and finished off with good old fish and chips by the water, before heading off home. Ahhhhh...very pleasant indeed, though 3 days is just not long enough. We're planning a week next time!



3 comments:

Fifi said...

Purple boa and tiara..mmmmm..noice...

We want pictures!!!!

Sounds like you had a FAB birthday!!

Nicole said...

Hi Kerry - Happy Birthday !!!!!! Sounds like you had a great time. Next time you head to the coast, you should give me a hoy....

Kerry W said...

Yeah Nicole...I didn't realise you were up that way until it was too late! But if I'm up that way again, I'll give you a hoy.

Yes Frankie... have to wait for the other pictures...my girlfriend has gone away again, so have to wait until she returns. Will post them when I get them.

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo