Tuesday, February 17

They Won't Have Problems Finding your Veins!

Isn't it funny what we get embarrassed about? I remember when I was training in martial arts and was pretty fit, I used to get alot of comments about my biceps - especially from my male students. And recently, I had met one of my ex-students, who trained under me as a young boy, until he finished high school. He is now a tall, strapping young man and is in the Airforce. A born leader, and beautiful young man, who is into extreme sport (and now cage-fighting, which I can't really take to), I can say I am very proud to have taught him. Anyway...when we met again recently, he commented on how good a shape I was in, and then said, "you always did have big guns". Of course, my guns aren't as big as they were back in my training days, but they'll get there.

When I stacked on the weight, I no longer had big guns, but had 'tuckshop arms'. OMG, I hated those flabby arms, which were once something to be proud about - and to think....I used to be embarassed because I had big guns! I swore that when I got rid of those tuckshop arms, I'd never again be embarrassed to have nice, muscular biceps. And now that I have them - I love them! No more tuckshop arms - I'm proud to wear them (biceps).

Now something else that I'm getting alot of comments on lately, and more now from strangers, is...my veins.




I always was vascular, and now that I've reduced my bodyfat considerably, my arms are very vascular. The vein going up the bicep is also becoming quite visible. So now I get alot of stares, and, alot of comments. And this one really takes the cake...took my little girl to tiny tots gym today, and they had to swing on a bar like a monkey. Miss Phil wanted me to do it with her, but I told her no (it was only toddler sized). A women whose little girl was next to Miss Phil on the bar commented "with those veins popping out, you shouldn't have any problems"! What the ???? I could only drop my jaw, as I didn't know what to say, and was very confused as to what my veins had to do with swinging on a bar like a monkey.


Anyway...when it comes down to it, even though it's a little off-putting to have people staring at my arms, I now think of it like this...better to have people staring at me because I'm muscular, as opposed to being fat and having tuckshop arms!

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

You are awesome!
That is all there is to it. Hey-yeah-veins and guns....you've worked for it baby! BE PROUD!
And you will get the position you want with the army-I have no doubt. You will put those young pups to shame-because YOU WANT IT -..probably more so than the others-and so you will get it. You are a bit older-much wiser-and are actually studying for it! You are gonna' rock (even though I'm growing tired of that phrase-LOL!)
Cheers dear!

Fifi said...

I don't think she meant it as an insult (the vein lady that is).

She probably just meant that you look strong enough to do it. It's a lot harder to pull adult weight up on a monkey bar. I'm sure I couldn't manage it right now!

KRISTIN said...

I reckon it's a fabulous problem to have Kerry! In fact, I don't even think it IS a problem! Enjoy them and be proud!

KatieP said...

I simply have venvy (vein envy) and I can't wait until my forearm vein finally makes its way up to my inside elbow vein ... and to have veins on my biceps ... one day!

Kerry W said...

Hey Raechelle...thanks for the encouragement. I think I will get there (army) too, and I am really pumped (that's a tired phrase too...lol...but I love it).

Frankie...I know she (the vein lady) didn't mean it as an insult. It's just that I don't know what to say. I just smile back and pretend I don't really hear what people say, and then quickly change the subject.

Thanks Kristin...I am enjoying them and I'm proud too. :)

KatieP...never heard that one (venvy)...I like it. And I can't wait for your veins to turn into raging rivers and tributaries up and down your arms. Make sure you post a pic on your blog when you reach that milestone! But seriously...isn't there always something else of someone that we want? I would love to get rid of that bit of fat on my outer thighs. To have legs that a so smooth and hard 'all over' would be icing on the cake (not to mention smooth, firm skin on my lower abs)...one day. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo