Thursday, February 5

Calm before the Storm...

"Rain dripping from eaves sounds nature's poetry. We speak and write to explain to ourselves." Introspective words. So true. It's nice when you discover that someone has found a perfect way to describe how you feel about certain things. Tranquility is definitely what I feel when it's raining - especially at night, just before bed, or just when I'm having a lazy day, and Philomena is quiet. It's an opportune time just to be in the present, and contemplate life and how beautiful the world is when it's raining softly.

Well, the next few days signify 'calm' for me. I won't be posting or reading emails or blogs for a few days, so that will make a nice change. Just a nice birthday weekend away with the girls - all six of us! We leave tomorrow morning, and head up to Montville on the way up, as we all adore it. And it will be a chance for me to be able to potter around, since I don't normally have that luxury with Philomena, being the typical energetic, curious nearly-3yr old she is. It also means a time to linger and soak up the atmosphere and charm that is Montville.

We're staying in a 3br apartment with a spa in each room, and a full-length verandah overlooking King's beach! We're so excited about it. These girlie weekends are starting to become a (nice) habit. I'm the last one of the girls to turn 40, so we wanted to make sure we were celebrating in style. And it's special for me, as we've been friends (except one) since Grade 2 of primary school. So we've all grown together and shared all the changes, ups and downs over 34 good years. We call ourselves 'Steel Magnolias', after that movie of the same name. We all watch it together every few years, and it still makes us cry, as we realise that one day that will be us...in our older years, looking back at all the things we've done and shared together. All different... unique...a little wacky, and still life-long friends. Sniff...Sniff...

So the storm? That starts Monday.

Got my new program yesterday. I knew if would be tough, and I was really looking forward to the challenge. So after my initial reaction...OMG!...this woman (Kristin) is trying to kill me!...I then realised that hey - this is exactly what I asked for, and as it says on Craig Harpers' new t-shirt...SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!

Truly though...I can't wait to start! I anticipate that I'm going to be feeling pretty smashed come the end of next week, and the thought of getting fitter again is hard to describe...tantalising...delicious even!

My program for the first 4 weeks will be a combination of cardio and weights/resistance, with the weights consisting of 4 separate workouts - 1 full body circuit, plus a 3 day split of legs/core; back/biceps/triceps; and chest/shoulders/core. Cardio is 3 sessions per week plus 2 sprint sessions after resistance training days. The 3 cardio sessions will be split between Interval training, Fartlek Running session and Sprint/Lunges/Push Ups/Walking Interval + Moderate Jog Combo. I then can add in an Outdoor walk with my back pack spaced every 2 weeks, gradually increasing the weight. I was so impressed with my program! I love it! Though we'll see how the body responds to the new regime. My nutrition has also changed, which I anticpated. More carbs and fats, and some more supplements are in order I think, to help with strength and recovery. I'm going to need all the help I can muster, me thinks!

Anyway...better go - got to start getting everything ready and get some cooking and cleaning done to make it a little easier for Anthony and Philomena while I'm away. This will be the first time I will have been away from Philomena for two nights in a row without seeing her at all!

Have a great weekend all, and I'll talk to you upon my return.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

3 comments:

Fifi said...

You sound raring to go with that new program Kerry!! It even got ME excited!

Have a wonderful weekend with your girlies and I look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

Hugs

Frankie

KRISTIN said...

Have a fabulous weekend Kerry... it's well deserved!

Please don't hate me next week :)

Look forward to hearing how the weekend goes and how your first week on the program is... and yes, let me know if an q's.

Kristin

Kerry W said...

Thanks Frankie. Will enjoy!

Kristin...hate is a very strong word! Nah...I'm excited and can't wait to start! :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo