Thursday, February 5

Tragic


You probably recognise this photo of Darcy Freeman, the little girl that was thrown over Melbourne's West Gate bridge recently. I don't normally take too much notice of tragic media stories of children, mainly because I find them too disturbing. But I couldn't help read about
this particular one.
Even as I write this, my eyes are welled up with tears and I have a lump in my throat. I keep running a picture over and over in my head of what it may have been like to be this little girl as she stared death in the face. I think of little Philomena, and it truly makes me sad whenever I think of children who are subject to such atrocities, and I will never understand how an adult, who is supposed to be the protector, can even think of hurting those to which they have been entrusted.
Kerry :(

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Kerry. I, like you don't usually pay much attention to what is happening in the news, however this story stopped me dead in my tracks. I've seen my husband with tears in his eyes 3 times in the past 10 years. 1. when Daniel Morcombe disappeared (we live in the same town) 2. when my father in law passed away and 3. when we saw this tragic story on the news. Our daughter is 3 and a half and I just turned to look into her eyes and my heart lurched. The hardest part of this story is to actually fathom what happened. A tragedy for all involved and the fear of that poor soul in her last moments must have been enormous. I like to think that she was joined and comforted by angels as her fate unfolded. It serves as a reminder of how fragile life can be....

Kerry W said...

Thanks for the comment Nicole. It was lovely...comforted by angels. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo