Wednesday, February 4

Can't Keep My Hands Out the Cookie Jar...

No...I'm not referring to anything related to food!

You see...I'm in denial about getting older. Not so much about the biological age, but physically, and also in relation to my psyche.

You know how some people do different things, like buying a racy new sports car; hitting the nightclubs with the young, hip chicks; having cosmetic surgery or procedures? I think there's a word for it...MID-LIFE CRISIS...

There's no way that turning 40 has changed me (yet). I've felt like this for some time, and that was a big motivation for me to get fit again. My last chance to look and feel shit-hot before nature takes its' course.

Anyway...where is this leading? All I wanted to do was share with you a pop/hip-hop tune that I love. Yeah...it's kinda rappy and shallow, but I love it! You see...I decided, in order to move forward I needed to discard some things from my past, and I thought it was about time I (temporarily) wave goodbye to my 'daggy oldy' music. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love my daggy oldy music (as my husband calls it - cause he's younger than me), but it just wasn't cutting it for me in the gym. I've found I really love this shallow, hip/hop music, because it really gets me in the zone for some serious butt kicking training sessions.

Here's the link..."Cookie Jar" - Gym Class Heroes...

http://www.pp2g.tv/vZHF9YnE_.aspx#

Hope it works - I still don't have sound on my computer ATM. Other shallow music I love ATM..."Poker Face" - Lady GaGa..."Right Now" - Akon..."Live your Life"...T.I feat. Rihanna. Just can't get enough of this music at the moment...gets me pumped!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

I'm gonna need all the help I can get. Just got my new program...yikes! Secretly...looking forward to the thrashing. :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the music front. My gym music is not my preferred type to listen to, but for the gym you gotta get the right stuff.

I so hear that.

Love some good toooooons

Raechelle said...

I love the hip hop stuff...but I also got my oldy stuff mixed in with it(I love the remixes!)-whatever gets you pumped!

I'm still waiting for the mid-life crisis thing to hit...Maybe when I'm 50?-LOL!

Kerry W said...

I'm glad someone hears me on the music front. I know alot of girls (hate using the word 'women' - makes us sound old) around our age, still listen to alot of 80's stuff, which is in my collection. My tastes are quite varied, from 30's, 40's; Billy Holiday, Nina Simone, Edif Piaf, 60's stuff, Mamas & the Papas, The Seekers, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, 80's stuff, Eagles, Credence Clearwater, Fleetwood Mac...I love Movie Soundtracks, acoustic, foreign, opera, classical, rock.

But yes, ATM, hip hop stuff gets me pumped for my workouts. As for mid-life crisis - I don't know, am I going through it? What is mid-life these days anyway? Raechelle - no use waiting, it may never happen! :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo