Tuesday, February 3

Happy Birthday to Me...



Today I said goodbye to the '30 something years'...

12 months ago, I was dreading turning 40, but I wasn't feeling the same then. Today, 1 year later, I'm feeling and looking like a different person - the older, younger version of Kerry. So...I've reached my goal...FIT AND FAB AT 40! :) Oh how good it feels! I'm so excited and full of energy. I feel like I'm 18 again...eager to go out and explore the world and experience new things!

Anyway...above is a picture of my birthday cake that my hubby cooked on the weekend for me...Chocolate and Butterscotch cake. Very delicious! He was a bit disappointed, as it didn't look like the picture in the recipe book, but I don't care - it tastes good! I just got off the phone with a friend (wishing me a happy b-day), and we were talking about the cake, and she asked whether I was going to eat the whole thing. Well I said that 12 months ago I would have, but today...no. I'm happy these days to have a little and then divvy it out to family, who are always happy to receive these kind of left overs.

Okay...gotta fly. I'm meeting a girlfriend for birthday coffee, and haven't had a shower yet, and another friend is coming over to babysit Phil. Then it's off to the chiropractor this arvo, and then a long-awaited massage this afternoon...can't wait! And I'll finish the night off with some quality time with my husband - for whom none of this could have happened without his unflailing love and support (and money...he..he..he)!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

P.S. The 2nd photo is another one of my recent professional pics.





7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day and congratuations for reaching your fit fab and 40 goal.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday :)

Change is a beautiful thing, as is quality time with hubby ;p

Enjoy your day!

KRISTIN said...

Happy Birthday Kerry!

Congratulations on reaching a huge milestone in your life and doing it with style... you should definitely keep welcoming the years... at the rate you are going you will continue to remain 'younger' at every birthday... by the way, the cake looks delish!

So proud of you and how far you've come... what an inspiring woman you are!

Kristin xoxo

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Kerry, im a new reader to your blog. You have done so well, and look FANTASTIC!
I turn 40 in April and also am only way to be fit & 40.
Enjoy your day!
Cheryl xxx

Raechelle said...

Have a wonderful birthday girl! How awesome to have a hubby attempt baking a cake!

Now that you're forty and after the amazing changes you've gone through, you probably realise that it well and truly is just a number and don't mean a thang! Next hurdle-50 and fab! woohoo! Cheers dear!

Fifi said...

Happy Birthday Kerry!!!

You'll love it over here on the dark side!

Just keep telling yourself..."it's the new 30...it's the new 30".

Kerry W said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Adds to my special day...much appreciated. :)

Chris and Cheryl - thanks for dropping in and taking the time to leave a comment. Cheryl - love your post 'Isn't this the truth?'.

Jude...change is great thank you, when we embrace it.

Kristin - thanks for the kind words - you're an inspiration yourself and a great person to-boot!

Raechelle - yes, I realise it's just a number thang. And my husband is awesome.

Frankie - cracked me up big time! Told my sister (who turns 45 on Friday), and she lost it! :)
The dark side is lookin' pretty good right now. :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo