Sunday, February 1

A State of Flux...


Come on 9th February...tap,tap,tap...


Being in-between programs feels really weird. It's like you really love the fact that you're off program and don't have to be so rigid with the food and training, but you still have to be on-guard and make sure those nasty fat cells don't start an invasion while you're slacking off a little.

So I'm sitting here...tap,tap,tap...thinking about the last couple of whirl-wind weeks - getting excited about what my new program's going to look like...thinking about things around the house and paperwork I still need to get done...about this week, and my weekend away and even though I'm looking forward to my last hoorah as 39, before I step over the edge, I am so eager to start the next phase of my journey. It's starting to get real...setting a goal...getting so close, i.e. army reserves.

I went into the disposal store yesterday to look for boots to start getting use to wearing and walking around in, plus socks and an assortment of other stuff to take my trainig to the next level. I bought this great pedometer which also is an alarm, exercise timer, stopwatch, etc, etc. I've really mixed up the training in the last week and-a-half. I did a fit-box class last week, and my upper body was sooo sore for 3-4 days after. I was pushed pretty hard, and I was rather happy with the result. No injuries, no strains - just some serious DOMS! Actually, I don't think I've ever felt so much DOMS since starting my IBO program. I've been skipping (f*%k me...that's tough!), hitting the bag...fists, sticks, elbows (my skin's gone soft - gotta condition them), walking with weighted back-pack...while continuing with my weights...to tell you the truth...I've been stuffed!...and I'm loving it!

I'd forgotten how much impacting, i.e. hitting mitts, punching bags, skipping, etc, really fatigues the body and how much energy is absorbed and reverberates throughout, including your joints. I'm constantly thinking about how fit I'm going to be, and the thought of it all is quite exhilirating! I have that feeling of being so focused and determined, like I was, especially in my first program. But at the same time, I feel strangely calm and centred. Like the good old martial arts days...that fire burning to be the best me...faster, fitter, stronger.

I'm also loving reading the forums and blogs ATM...there's some really pumped IBO'ers out there, and it's so satisfying to read about how excited they are. The atmosphere at the moment around the IBO circle is quite different to what it's been. I've never felt such an undercurrent of strength and determination (in my short time on the program), and I think we're going to see a real explosion this year of amazing transformations...can't wait! :)

Anyway...that's about all there is to report. Some girls have been asking about the rest of my photos, so I've attached one I really like. It captures my mindset when I'm training hard, and how I'm feeling at the moment...the old me.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

2 comments:

Fifi said...

You're a MACHINE girl!

Yeah..there is a vibe isn't there?

I don't know why I just couldn't muster the determination last year but I KNOW I am doing it this year.

Hmmm...I think it's the planets. They've gone into a kick-arse alignment!

Kerry W said...

Actually..I'm not really (a machine), but that's the goal...he...he...he...
The key word for my training I think is RECOVERY.

Yes...there's definitely something in the air..universe...planets aligning...and I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT! :)

Ciao...Kerry :)

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo