Thursday, January 15

Thirsty Thursday - Depletion - Day 7

Damn...I'd love a hewwwwge glass of water right now! I didn't know how thirsty you could be on just 1 litre of water to last 24 hours. This is definitely the toughest day so far.

Here I was, thinking I was going great guns, and wondering....'What the hell is everybody talking about the feeling like crap, and having no energy?". And even reading Raechelle's comments only early this morning about feeling drained at about this time before her comps...well, it just went over my head. Well not long after, the penny dropped. I feel like I'm made of jelly...no skeleton or bones to hold everything together, and all my limbs are feeling heavy, and lifeless. But the worst is the thirst! My tongue feels like I've stuck it Clag glue...yuk.

Oh! And here's some more tips for those thinking about depletion:

1. The recommended 'complete Rest', is vitally important...even if you think you're going fine, you'll be shagged the day before!

2. Try to do depletion in winter when it's not so hot.

3. Try not to do anything physical the day before photos, and stay out of the sun...doing both increases your thirst.

4. Eat your chicken while doing something else...it helps to stop you thinking about how disgusting cardboard really tastes, and you've eaten it before you know it!

5. Sleep as much as you can...it helps fill the time, and you don't notice how thirsty you are when you're asleep!

Okay...time to put all my gear together and do my first check list. I only have one more meal of cardboard and then a refreshing glass of wine before bed (just the thought of it is making me delirious). I need to be up at 5am...make-up at 6am....hair at 7am...photo shoot...9am.

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

4 comments:

gypsy77 said...

Hi Kerry,

I've just found your blog today....wow!! You are such an inspiration! Your 6 week photos are amazing!

Well done and good luck for your photo shoot.

Bec

Anonymous said...

am so freakin impressed by you right now! Enjoy tomorrow and the pampering, I bet you'll look foxy as.

jude

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Kerry, and most of all enjoy the reward for all your hard work. Erika

Fifi said...

and it's amazing isn't it how thirsty you can get when you KNOW you're not allowed to drink?

You poor bugger.

Nearly done.

xxx

 

NO ORDINARY MOMENTS Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo